Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
After you install your can, make sure you wipe down the can and mid-pipe of finger prints. The heat from the ride will kinda "burn" them into the can in a way. You can remove the prints after that, but I hear it's a pain in the ass. But if you wipe it down, you should be alright.

Carbon Fiber has a tendency not to get as hot as Titanium, so it won't be as much of a problem. I'm not sure if fingerprints will burn into the carbon fiber, but for titanium make sure you wipe her down...

·
Registered
220 Posts
Finger prints will cook into any metal, but really after you put it on how often do you touch it with your finger tips. Not at all. Just get what you like. My friend has an off red micron on his silver r6. Looks really good.

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
Ed is right. After you install it you should get it nice and clean. I use to use Windex on my titanium pipe. The first time you get it good and hot it needs th be clean or it will sort of etch into the titanium. You can still get them off, but it's a bitch. After that first time, you are good to go.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
assholes used to touch my pipe all the time...hot & cold....and I never got any permanent finger prints on it. I used PLEXUS to clean off my pipe and it worked AWESOME. I've gotten rain, fingerprints, and just about anything else you can think of on my pipe before and even let the rain dry onto my pipe and then ran it hot again....never cooked into the metal....

OHH BTW I have a Scorched TI BF.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.