Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Track Whore
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did my first track day last Friday (7/15/11) at Streets of Willow Springs. I must say, it was a huge experience on my first track day. There so many generous people out there on the track to help out, give advice, and answer my questions.

I took the New Rider School in Group C and my instructor told me I'm hauling ass out there, knowing when to pass or not, and follow exactly the race line. There are a few mistakes on my riding abilities, but I manage to overcome them by the 4-6 sessions. Overall, a very great experience!!

I don't photos of myself during track day because CaliPhotography is processing my order, but it should be done by a couple days. :)

Now I'm part of the newest addiction. I already reserve a spot for my second track day at Willow Springs for this upcoming Sunday :nocontrol

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
Nice! I might be there on Sunday too. Trying to work out some bike transportation right now.

Big Willow is a much different experience than Streets. Only 9 turns and they are FAST.

·
Love To Ride!!
620 Posts
Very nice. I don't like streets myself. Big Willow is cool but it's a bit boring to me. CWVR is awesome, I haven't done Buttonwillow or Auto Club Speedway but I here they're awesome.

Welcome to the adiction.

·
Track Whore
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice! I might be there on Sunday too. Trying to work out some bike transportation right now.

Big Willow is a much different experience than Streets. Only 9 turns and they are FAST.
Cool! I'm definitely there for Sunday. I'm going to take it slow during my first session since I haven't experience Big Willow yet.

Very nice. I don't like streets myself. Big Willow is cool but it's a bit boring to me. CWVR is awesome, I haven't done Buttonwillow or Auto Club Speedway but I here they're awesome.

Welcome to the adiction.
I kinda like Streets, but I haven't experience other track places. I heard Chuckwalla is amazing. Probably my next track event during winter season.

Very nice! It definitely gets addicting on the track. And sweet video too :)
Thanks! Yes, definitely addicting especially after your first event.

very nice, remember, there's no trophies. Work on one thing at a time.
Thank you sir! Yes, I'm well aware of that. I'm working slowly with my body positioning and leaning. There's no need to kneedrag yet, but only time will come. :)

·
Obama MUST go!!!
181 Posts
Awesome man nice video. I've been trying to get a few things for the bike and some money together to go for my first time as well. What class did you take, and how much was it????
lol ditch the key chain looks like its doing a number on your triple tree(I could be wrong).

·
Track Whore
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! It was a new rider school for first time track riders. I think it was $30 additional fee. You get to learn one on one with an instructor. The instructors help you develop your skills quickly depending on the person. He'll watch you from behind how well you do.

Nah, it's not doing anything to the triple tree. It's just a rubber piece key chain.

·
Adrenaline Junkie
1,946 Posts
Awesome vid man! I've been thinking of getting out to do a TD too but I just don't have the $$ yet. Where in LA are you located?

·
Adrenaline Junkie
1,946 Posts
Oh nice man. Yeah I really want to I should start saving now hahaha. How much did it cost you in total if you don't mind me asking?

·
Track Whore
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh nice man. Yeah I really want to I should start saving now hahaha. How much did it cost you in total if you don't mind me asking?
Depending on the track organization. It's usually the cost of the track date you're going, gas, food, etc. You need to stay hydrated and I mean literally hydrated.

I'm saying roughly about $250-300. Bring your own gas. Gas prices at the tracks cost $7-9 per gal.

+1

Also what is the info for the school, or is it just through the track.
It's through the track (depending on the track organization, most of them don't provide it), but I heard California Superbike School is the best to learn. I'll be reserving my spot with them in the future. :)

very nice bro!

like i said to someone else post, hope you have a support group to help you through your new addiction!! hahaha :)
You have no idea! This is literally eating out of my wallet. :lmao

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
Alright! I'm officially signed up for Big Willow on Sunday. I'll be the slow guy in B group on the black & silver '03 R6. :jacked

·
Track Whore
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh sweet! I'll be on a 06 R6 w/ grey Armour Bodies Bodywork & Termignoni exhaust in group C since it's just my 2nd track day.

My name is John btw. I'll see you there!! :)

·
Make good choices.
2,808 Posts
...There so many generous people out there on the track to help out, give advice, and answer my questions.
Yup, that's one of the reasons I like it.

...Now I'm part of the newest addiction. I already reserve a spot for my second track day at Willow Springs for this upcoming Sunday :nocontrol...
Welcome! Prepare for your wallet to get lighter! :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts