Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep passed it, all pretty easy stuff for even a begginer like myself. It really helped with all the basic skills. I took my 07' R6S out to a big parking lot and repeated almost all the drills for like 2 hours the buzzed around some local neighborhoods. Must say i feel alot more at ease i was not sure i could handle such a big bike when my dad suprised me with it but long as i take it easy and dont go nuts the R6S is really friendly. Fastest i got going was like 45 though which is fast enough for me right now. I send in for my liciense tomorrow but since its gotta come from wyoming its gonna be a weekish.

So happy i finally get to ride :nocontrol

Im going out for a easy ride tomorrow morning hopefully

·
Registered
394 Posts
Congrats! Don't forget to get your insurance discount for taking that course!

·
fun and informative
560 Posts
good on ya for taking the course

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
WOOT! Congrats brotha!

·
No more side boob for you
1,136 Posts
grats on the course. just remember to take it one step at a time and and dont try to ride outside your limits. :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ha thanks guys and yes saftey first so i gear up alot specially since im new. My dad doesnt have a bike sadly he loves to ride though took the course with me. Im looking to sign up with the advance course soon once i get enough money. =]

·
Registered
10 Posts
Congrats! I passed mine two weeks ago, 45 is still my upper limit as well, although I did hit 60 and I was like holy sh** im going fast and then I looked down and was like oh man that's lame haha!! In time it will get more comfortable I know it will and I am in no hurry!!

Did anyone take the bike down at your MSF? It was raining really hard when I took the course and on the tight weave bike came out from under me cause I hit the brakes like an idiot, at least I learned my lesson!! :p

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Congrats! I passed mine two weeks ago, 45 is still my upper limit as well, although I did hit 60 and I was like holy sh** im going fast and then I looked down and was like oh man that's lame haha!! In time it will get more comfortable I know it will and I am in no hurry!!

Did anyone take the bike down at your MSF? It was raining really hard when I took the course and on the tight weave bike came out from under me cause I hit the brakes like an idiot, at least I learned my lesson!! :p
HAHA! that sucks did they make you come back another day?

Everyone was pretty good at my course only a couple of the ladies were afraid to go into second gear so we had to cut them from the course then one guy didnt put his kickstand down all the way and the bike tipped during our brake.

I hit 50 today and man riding a bike is a workout with wind resistance haha no matter how much i tucked in it was a hassle.

·
My R6 loves me...
43 Posts
Congrats to you. Too bad, my fiance and I spent all weekend doing really well, then freezing on the Exam. :mad:

·
Registered
196 Posts
i just finished my course today too! i learned a lot, even after having ridden for a couple of months on my R6. i took my dad with me who has never ridden before - i was really impressed by the way they took complete non-riders to fully capable riders in just 2 1/2 days. highly recommended.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts