Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm the Polish kid with the Augusta MV exhaust on my 6. Now the mechanic who did it wants to put igniters in the pipes, so when I punch it, flames come out the back. What do you guys think?? I think it's dangerous but I have no idea?? Any feedback??

·
Registered
12 Posts
i agree....this is best left for the "fast and furious" crowd (eventhough they will need forced injection and NOS to even compete with the 6ixxer) anywho, I ride with a guy who has ignitors on his TL1000. It is kinda sweet seeing as he has dual pipes. He also has it shoot blue flames only about 6-8in from the pipe. It is pretty sweet at night especially b/c his bike is also blue. But lets be serious...all show....and no go!!...good luck and i would love to see pic's if you do it!

DMuN

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Flames

Thanks for the responses guys! I have a blue bike, plus the quad undertail exhaust, so I think it will look real cool. I ordered the kit, and it should hopefully be delivered plus installed this week. After that just guages and I'm done modding I think, but probably not. I'll have some pics up real soon. Phatest R6 ever!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
318 Posts
how did that quad exhaust turn out.. got any pictures?

·
Registered
951 Posts
i dunno about that. with a high mount i'd probably melt my tail...

i think it would look cool it's just flames, not a GIGANTIC WORTHLESS $2K SPOILER! (yelling)

i think flames is more of a cool thing, then a hey my flames give me 50 more horses and my oversized chrome spoiler give me so much tracktion on my front wheel drive! i'd do it i guess. but i'd rather spend money on parts that will help me get closer to the ground and up my performance.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Flames

I got the kit in yesterday!! Shoot, it came with NGK spark splugs!! Thats better than the stock on my bike. Hopefully it'll be put on today, if not then Sunday for sure. The exhaust came out great thanks. I'll have pics up when I'm done with my guages, and the flame thrower!! It sticks out a little far from the tail, about 5" of black pipe on the two inner most becuase they are longer than the two outside, but the mechanic is going to fix all that on Sunday. So...I can't wait, and I'll keep you guys posted!!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Flamethrower...well never seen one on a bike but have a cousin that had some on his truck that blew out flames about six feet long out of his dual exhaust that was pretty cool, escpecially at night. It was all linked to a switch on his wheel so he could throw em' anytime...Lets see some pics as soon as you get it installed.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
You should see my bike at nite now! Ever noticed in the bike races when they decelerate hard just before the appex of a corner how flames kind of just flow out of the pipe.

I richened up my map quite a bit to try and take care of the pop caused from a lean spot due to the AIS. Now the bike spits out flames on deceleration like the race bikes. Kinda cool, but i'm gonna be removing my AIS system and leaning it back out so i get better fuel mileage.

·
Banned
4,008 Posts
RedlineR6 said:
You should see my bike at nite now! Ever noticed in the bike races when they decelerate hard just before the appex of a corner how flames kind of just flow out of the pipe.

I richened up my map quite a bit to try and take care of the pop caused from a lean spot due to the AIS. Now the bike spits out flames on deceleration like the race bikes. Kinda cool, but i'm gonna be removing my AIS system and leaning it back out so i get better fuel mileage.
now thats the way to do it, u dont have to spend money on a kit u just richen your fuel curve :mrgreen:

·
Banned
4,008 Posts
RedlineR6 said:

now thats the way to do it, u dont have to spend money on a kit u just richen your fuel curve :mrgreen:

·
Registered
32 Posts
loki1313 What is an AIS system? Is that for fuel injected bikes? I have an 02 R6, how can I richen up my fuel map? Anyone? Also what are the advantages and disadvantages to running rich? Besides terrible fuel economy. Will running rich cause problems later?

·
Registered
408 Posts
my 03 does the same as redlines bike its pretty sweet to get on it then let off and blip the throttle again while u look back plus it scars the shit out of people

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.