Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm having similar issues too. Or well I had similar issues at the beginning. Now, none of my lights work except for brake lights. I hope someone is able to answer your question and it is able to help me too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
whelp, weirdest thing happened, drove the bike to work this morning, everything all buggy still, and as i pull in to park everything goes back to normal??? Sooooo yea i guess i'll just wait till that happens again and then take it to my local shop
At first, when I wiggled around my steering, it did that. Eventually, it led to me having to fumble with the wires through the side of my right fairing. And now it's completely black every time I start my bike. I have to wiggle the wires to get the lights on. Keep in mind, I'm riding an 06 R6S so our parts and stuff may vary.

Sorry if I'm thread jacking, but I think with what I'm going through, you might benefit from, R6gnar.

So my story goes: electrical worked perfect, eventually my headlights started to bug out. I wiggled my steering and they would work normal. eventually both signals would light up on my dash and my signals stopped working. One night all the electrical's lighting went out (dash, headlights, turn signals up front, but my horn worked). I did the sign of the cross, one hard wiggle, and the headlights and dash back light went on. Signals still didn't work but this time it was hard as hell to get my lights to work with just wiggling the steering wheel.
Took it into a shop to get some work done today and asked them to check that out. Told me there's a break in my wires somewhere, and best bet is to buy new harness(cheaper and easier than looking for the break). For now, I just have to reach in on my right fairing and wiggle the wires and it does the trick.
I've turned on and off and turned my wheels when parking about 6-10 times today due to riding around town, and now it's getting harder to wiggle on my lights with the wires. I just purchased the wires online and will have to do the swap when I get it. Wondering what all do I need to take off/apart from my bike to do this and how easy it is. Also my fairing stay is cracked and I'ma replace that at the same time. Should all of this be easy work?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.