Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The R is for Respect
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just got my first bike which is an 03 r6 and i love it. It came with a power commander 3 usb. But i have no idea what the hell it is used for. I know it has something to do with the fuel injection but thats about it. Can anyone give me just a quick explanation of what it does?

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts
So i just got my first bike which is an 03 r6 and i love it. It came with a power commander 3 usb. But i have no idea what the hell it is used for. I know it has something to do with the fuel injection but thats about it. Can anyone give me just a quick explanation of what it does?
It is used for properly tuning ur bike to its peak performance. It usually gets installed after an aftermarket pipe is equipped. Without it, ur not taking advantage of the pipes potential. Your can tweak its intake an fuel mixtures as well.

hope that helps

·
Garage Queen R6
719 Posts
Its sorta like a piggy back ECU. You load custom fuel maps into it to match whatever mods you have on your bike. Optimizes performance by bypassing the stock maps from the ecu and using the custom map instead.

·
Premium Member
18,792 Posts
The PC3 is a computer that performs the fuel/air mixture for you. People who install PC3 usually have aftermarket full exhaust installed on them as well (along with a better air filter) in order to boost power performance on the bike. Most folks who upgrade to the PC3 have their bikes DYNO'd to maximize the performance settings for their bike.

·
The R is for Respect
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah it came with a Micron high-mount. looks like when its not pouring out i'll be heading down to rmc and have them tune it for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts