Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
woooo man was fun :)

only thing though I didn't get to sleep till 5am last nite and my class was from 8-6pm X_X

It was raining bad in the morning so the whole morning till lunch we watched cheesy videos and then finnally after lunch we went riding, oh are my legs sore from "power walking" :eek:

But by the end of the day I was able to shift into 2nd and do some turns :D weeeeeeee funz!!!

Well all day tomorow we will be riding! Can't wait!

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
good to hear u had fun your first day. kinda sucks with it rainin here in texas though. im down here in corsicana workin and its been rainin its ass off all day here. well enjoy tommorow and update us on how it goes :cheers

·
Registered
35 Posts
lol I can relate to the rain... When I first took my MSF course, it rained the ENTIRE weekend, and we still had to ride. Actually, it kind of added to the fun, as everyone tried to huddle together to keep up some body heat. We all got to know each other very well, and I still talk to and ride with some of the people I met in class. But a word of advice: Be careful on the quick stops in the rain!! 3/4 of the class downed the 250s on that part of the test on the wet ground. Luckily my friend and I made it through first try, so we were off riding like the wind after that. Oh yeah, and NO WHITE T-SHIRTS! Good luck with your 2nd day! :cheers

·
Registered
786 Posts
AHhhh yea, same thing happened to us..... rain the whole weekend up until the actual testing for our liscences...

and ya, we all huddled together to keep warm... it was damn cold... but fun as hell

and yea, like they said.... watch the brakes in the wet....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I passed :)
All day yesterday we were riding, man my left upper forearm is feeling it :eek:

The hardest thing for me was this slow-speed close in u-turn/figure 8 in this tiny small area. Ugh that sucked trying to do ;( I kept almost tipping over to my right on when coming back to complete the figure 8 and a few times to stop myself from slipping off my right hand would instictivly pull down on the trottle while trying to get myself back up and I'd wizzz out all akward looking out of the box :bash

but other then some lost points in that category of the skills test I passed :)

Now just going to save up a bit more for a downpayment and gear :D w00t!!! I tried on my friends Summer Mesh Jacket with armor on just to get that feeling.. sat on his 03 R6(didn't ride it) but was thinking soon baby soon. :jump

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yeah....I take my course on June 3rd !

I already own a R6 (as of 4 weeks ago) and I have been riding around with a bunch of buds almost every weekend. I honestly feel that I can pass the test without taking the course but I still want to take the class for the insurance discount and the skill knowledge. I already have full coverage with Foremost but they will let me apply the endorsement when I get it.

Question: The final test....is that only on the bike or is there a 50 question multiple choice too ? I spoke to a guy who rides a Harley and just finished his MFS course and he told me that there was a 50 question test as well ?

Can you verify that !

:roll:

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
281 Posts
The final test consists of 4 range exercises (u-turns, swerving, quick stop, and cornering) and a 50 question multiple choice test.

I recently became an MSF instructor. Taught my first class a few weeks ago. whoop whoop...

good luck.

·
Registered
144 Posts
There is a test as well. In the course I took you finished up the course then took the riding section of the test. Then you went inside to do the written. Once you were done with the written they graded that and you then got called out into another room and they told you the results of the riding section. At that point you know if you passed.

Great course. Really show you how to avoid the bad habits.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
TWOtheONE said:
The final test consists of 4 range exercises (u-turns, swerving, quick stop, and cornering) and a 50 question multiple choice test.

I recently became an MSF instructor. Taught my first class a few weeks ago. whoop whoop...

good luck.
how do you become an MSF instructor? i have absolutely no intention of it, i'm just curious.

also, i <3 california weather. :boob

·
Registered
281 Posts
I am in the military, so it might be a little different for everyone else. but our base sponsored us to go to the MSF rider's coach course. You have to go for a week, learn how to instruct, take a skills test, and a knowledge test, then teach a class at the end and they evaluate you in that situation as well.

it was a good experience. i recommend it to anyone considering it...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
dude don't even worry about the test, sigh if only the SAT was that brain dead easy hehe :)

yeah they U-turns, quick stopping, cornering and swerving is what we got tested on.

The U-turns sucked for me, I got everything else down, although they said everyone lost points for not going fast enough on the cornering...

In reality however, I could the a U-turn, but it was just the ity bity space we had to do a figure 8 U-turn in, I'd always mess up a bit or put a foot down on the 2nd turnaround...

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
i know they teach you this in msf, but this one is important. when you do your U turns, remember not to lean with the bike, lean against the natural lean of the bike, it helps you make your u turns easier/faster.

when i took msf i totally forgot about this until a friend of mine told me about it (i was complaining i u turn very slowly). it works.

oh yeah, i slept through the lecture part of MSF and still passed the written test only missing 2 questions.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OMG this is killing me! I don't want to be at work I want to be sitting on an R6 right now! arghs!

Hehe I Was planning on waiting a month to put down a big downpayment, but fuggg that I'm gonna come in this Saturday and be like 0 down baby!

:jump :jump :jump

·
Registered
953 Posts
images rubbing r6 oil on your pecker.....oooooooohh that will make your work day go fast...

this wasn't supposed to make sense

kind of like when your sister made me lunch and gave me a blowy. i never really understood that

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
cdemon said:
images rubbing r6 oil on your pecker.....oooooooohh that will make your work day go fast...

this wasn't supposed to make sense

kind of like when your sister made me lunch and gave me a blowy. i never really understood that
yeah, strange, she tends to do stupid things... :hammer

1 - 18 of 18 Posts