Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:roll:What a morning... decided to leave for work a little early and go for a nice cruise before heading in. Beautiful day to be cruising around Heinz Field and PNC park. Except for the sudden slamming of brakes for pedestrians crossing in from of PNC park. Anyways, I locked up the brakes and came soooo close to stopping, instead i hit the back of a pickup and dumped it. First thing to hit.... my head :jacked... always ride with helmet. Other than being pissed I was completely fine, rode the bike home and grabbed the cage for commute. So here is my question....

Obviously I need to get this thing fixed up and looking sick asap... Where are some good places to look for fairings, fairing clips, etc. Also i cracked the lens on my headlight. Can I just purchase the lens and not the entire piece?

Id appreciate any opinions on what to do. I really need to get out of work and go home so I can really inspect it and see what all needs done...

·
My R6 shoots tequila
1,487 Posts
Look on ebay that seems to be the best place for used parts and decent prices. Sorry to hear about your wreck man good thing you are ok. If you knocked your helmet pretty good you should get a new one. They say you are supposed to replace your helmet if you drop it from more than waist height.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been looking on ebay for a couple things and it seems they have some pretty good prices... The one thing I cannot find is the lens for the headlight... I'm beginning to think im going to have to replace the whole thing... Any Ideas??

·
Dragging Knee
1,604 Posts
I believe that you have to replace the entire headlight. I have not seen the lense only.

·
$4 a gal. 4 gal. a shot
933 Posts
Don't know about all the years but the '06-;07 both headlights, lenses, is all one assembly. flatoutmotorcycles.com has pretty good prices on new OEM stuff if you can't find it used. Check the fairing stay also, if you cracked the lense it may be broken also.

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
sorry about that...hows your head doin?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Glad to hear you are ok. Good luck on all the repairs.

·
Just Burnin Time
2,220 Posts
glad youre alright man, ill keep a look out for parts for ya...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah, good thing you are ok. I might be able to help you. If you need to change the whole headlight assembly it s gonna cost you. If you have to change the cowlings too it s gonna cost you even more... but if u have to change left cowling I can help here :) I have the piece in charcol grey in perfect condition with just 1 broken tab and 1 litle crack.

·
Registered
159 Posts
It suks i know from experience, but your righ tyou can get some sweet after market stuff.

My lense is kinds scratched up not from my wreck.. you have to buy the whole assembly 200-300 buks

·
Registered
15 Posts
How much did u pay for your R6 and did u get it from dealer? I m asking u because I m selling mine 07 R6 with 7,5K mi with aftermarket parts and brand new CT2 tires for 7,8K to someone in 2 days and I wanna see if I am getting screwed in the ass or not

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
How much did u pay for your R6 and did u get it from dealer? I m asking u because I m selling mine 07 R6 with 7,5K mi with aftermarket parts and brand new CT2 tires for 7,8K to someone in 2 days and I wanna see if I am getting screwed in the ass or not
Sounds like your getting a pretty good deal to me

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
My theory is: I've heard of dealers letting go of left-over 07s brand new with 0 miles for around 8. So one with over 7000 miles on it for that same price would be a pretty good deal for the seller. Doesn't matter about the mods. Mods don't increase value. You'd be better off to remove the mods and sell them separately

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ok u have a good point but on the other side if the buyer decides to put all this after market parts on his bike later it would cost him money and time if he can put em himself . Besides I m not sure it s 8K OTD

·
Registered
458 Posts
yah thats a good deal for the seller I called every yamaha dealership in louisiana and a couple in west texas about an 07 left over and the cheapest was 7600..I ended up paying 7800 cuz the 200 wasn't worth a six hour drive each way..so IMO if you can sell it for 8 good for you but your taking the buyer for a ride (pricewise)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts