Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
My R6 eats me. True.
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did some searching and couldn't find anything so here goes.
2012 R6, no matter how long I let it idle and warm up for the first 3-5 miles or so then engine bogs down really bad, spits and sputters as if the clutch may be slipping? Not the whole time but most of it. After riding a few miles it seems to be fine but i've been noticing it get a little worse lately.

13,xxx miles
Very well maintained
K&N air filter
Graves full titanium exhaust
Power commander
Most recent change was new sprockets -1+2 not sure if maybe that messed with the computer or something? It was doing it before that but seems worse now

·
My R6 eats me. True.
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The bike is now down for for maintenance. I am very mechanically inclined and still haven't been able to figure this out so any advise is much appreciated. After reading another post with a similar problems I checked the temps at the header and cylinder 1 and 4 are running 150-230 degrees cooler than 2 and 3, also the temp fluctuates alot on just those 2. Tonight I removed the coils, all secondary and primary ohms are within specs. Tomorrow I'll remove the plugs to double check the gap, they only have about 3k miles on them and I got them from Yamaha

1 - 3 of 3 Posts