Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1041 - 1057 of 1057 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
there rates have gone up quite drastically compared to what they were offering back in 2015, i get the service but %50 increase is a bit much

·
13 R1 Street/07 R6 Track
384 Posts
there rates have gone up quite drastically compared to what they were offering back in 2015, i get the service but %50 increase is a bit much
Unfortunately all Flashes need to have a license which is what the price increase is for. Years ago a license was not needed.
Great things are rarely, if ever, inexpensive. And, for what you get it is still a bargain.

·
Registered
63 Posts
After riding about a week on my new ECU I don't think I could ever go back to a stock tune.

Throttle on/off is much less jittery. The power delivery is much more smooth. Engine braking was significantly reduced.

Only thing that will take getting used to is hearing my full M4 system scream on cold starts due to the increased Idle.

Other than that, 100% happy and worth the money.

Thanks again Ant

·
Registered
32 Posts
Unfortunately all Flashes need to have a license which is what the price increase is for. Years ago a license was not needed.
Great things are rarely, if ever, inexpensive. And, for what you get it is still a bargain.

^^^

It's worth it! I got my first and second flash from him couple years back and it was about 150 I think. It was great. Made my bike run a lot better. I sent my ecu back to him again couple weeks ago for the new software (woolich) and a better map. Now my bike runs even better and faster! It's so worth it. My MPG went up, better throttle responds and more power. Great guy and great service!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Parts Pimp
26,473 Posts
Thanks for the comment. Unfortunately the flash used to be $125 and had no cost on my end. Now I have to pay per ecu for a license. So I charge more and make less. And I still discount the r6 flash putting it $25 less than any other flash I do. Soon enough the flash price for the r6 will be brought inline with what all the other flashes cost and that's $200 + return shipping.

And even at $175 + shipping it's significantly cheaper than most used power commanders sell for and it does a LOT more for your bike than just fuel mapping. Removed throttle restrictions, better ignition mapping, better idle setup, reduced engine braking, decel injector cut disable, speedo correction , etc.

And fortunately I've dynod well over 70 R6's in the past 12 months, so the mapping you'll get from me will be better than anything available to you elsewhere.

I even had a customer who sent his ecus to 5 different places to get flashed, he has his own dyno, and in the end my flash made better power than he could get and still addressed all the ridability issues on the bike.

It's priced competitively despite there being very little competition with a comparable product.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thanks for the comment. Unfortunately the flash used to be $125 and had no cost on my end. Now I have to pay per ecu for a license. So I charge more and make less. And I still discount the r6 flash putting it $25 less than any other flash I do. Soon enough the flash price for the r6 will be brought inline with what all the other flashes cost and that's $200 + return shipping.

And even at $175 + shipping it's significantly cheaper than most used power commanders sell for and it does a LOT more for your bike than just fuel mapping. Removed throttle restrictions, better ignition mapping, better idle setup, reduced engine braking, decel injector cut disable, speedo correction , etc.

And fortunately I've dynod well over 70 R6's in the past 12 months, so the mapping you'll get from me will be better than anything available to you elsewhere.

I even had a customer who sent his ecus to 5 different places to get flashed, he has his own dyno, and in the end my flash made better power than he could get and still addressed all the ridability issues on the bike.

It's priced competitively despite there being very little competition with a comparable product.

I Was gonna reply saying most of this but I figured Ant would come in and say it himself.

I'd never hesitate to pay the going rate for this flash. Considering what a new Power commander/Dyno tune, or auto tune costs...and its just fueling. Flash made the bike night and day better. Sent it back this winter to enable the quick shifter and Ant tossed on a new map for me as well, can't wait for the first track weekend coming up to see how the bike feels.

Best bang for the buck mod i've done to the bike, bar none.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Had the bike on track all weekend for the first time since Ant updated my fuel map and enable the quick-shifter.

Just wanted to say, as expected, the bike felt fantastic and the QS works like a charm. Within a few sessions I was back to my pace from last year, and the new map is definitely an upgrade from the one I had previously (which was great in itself).

Everyone who doesn't own an R6 is jealous when I tell them how easy to work with Anthony is, and how hassle free everything was start to finish. Not having to worry about piggy back fuel controllers, auto tuners, quick-shifters, and whatever else you can think of, is worth it's weight in gold, as far as i'm concerned.

·
slow guy
4,409 Posts
I dusted 8 months of dust off my bike and it fired up immediately and idles smoothly....The stock tuning and bazzaz never was this smooth. Hopefully I'll be getting to the track next month and getting the cobwebs out.

·
Mr. HER6
2,084 Posts
:wave Ant, I haven't seen you on the forums in a long time and was just wondering if you were still doing flashes. $200 is still an awesome deal for what you get. I just had the chance to test ride a bone stock 2017 R6 at the track. I know my bike has a few extra goodies on it, but still... with the stock ECU I was very surprised how weak that 2017 felt.

I let a friend ride my bike recently and one of the things he was raving about is how awesome and smooth the throttle response is. He's got a nice RSV4-RF and keeps saying that he kinds wants an R6 now. A lot of that is thanks to your work! :bow

There's a well respected tuner that I really wanted to flash the ECU on my van for a variety of reasons, but I just can't stomach their $700 price tag. :thumbdown If that flash was $200 I would definitely have already bought it.

·
slow guy
4,409 Posts
Finally got out to the track last week, the reflashed ecu made a difference. My bike starts right away and idles smoothly. Pulls hard all the way to redline and there are no stutters, bogs, nothing. Awesome tune with the qs. Thanks again Anthony.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I Had my first opportunity to ride my 12 r6 today after sending my ECU out to Bauce.....What a huge improvement over the PCV i was using with my full Graves titanium exhaust system..Throw your PCV away and go with Bauce flash...I had a few questions and he always responded almost immediately...Thanks Man!

·
Parts Pimp
26,473 Posts
I Had my first opportunity to ride my 12 r6 today after sending my ECU out to Bauce.....What a huge improvement over the PCV i was using with my full Graves titanium exhaust system..Throw your PCV away and go with Bauce flash...I had a few questions and he always responded almost immediately...Thanks Man!

:cheers:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1041 - 1057 of 1057 Posts