Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
my new habit
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i am getting my first bike this week, probably thursday, getting a brand new 08 r6 (payment is the same as a used one so i figure y not). my question tho is how much if any can you barter with the dealership on the price of a bike like you can with cars. i plan on buying all my gear from the dealer same day so that might help a little. but all in all any help with buying the bike and gear from you guys would be greatly appreciated ie. what sites seem to have the best deals on both gear and parts for the bike (instantly removing the ufo on the tail so suggestions where to buy an undertail would be helpful) tia

·
Jesus would've rode an R6
70 Posts
I hear not a dime over MSRP, including tax, title, any other fees. So MSRP out the door, not a penny more. BUT.... start lower. You might get a good deal on left-over
2007. 09s are out soon, and I see 07s once in a while.

·
im michael jordan ballin
749 Posts
I hear not a dime over MSRP, including tax, title, any other fees. So MSRP out the door, not a penny more. BUT.... start lower. You might get a good deal on left-over
2007. 09s are out soon, and I see 07s once in a while.
who told you that? depends really every situation is different. if you walk in with cash you make the rules and should walk out 9k otd easyyy my friend just bought a 08 blue r6 last week for 9k otd without any hassle now his only regret was not trying lower.

·
Livin in Paradise
994 Posts
You can knock down the price of the bike some depends on the stealership and your bargining skills. But usually with the purchase of a new bike you can get some great deals on gear to go with it.

·
Jesus would've rode an R6
70 Posts
who told you that? depends really every situation is different. if you walk in with cash you make the rules and should walk out 9k otd easyyy my friend just bought a 08 blue r6 last week for 9k otd without any hassle now his only regret was not trying lower.
COOL! Cash is STILL king. :)

·
RU R6
1,206 Posts
Being it's almost mid-August and 09's should be releasing soon, you should be able to bargain a bit. Most bikes in my area (VA) go on clearance to make room for 09's in Aug. I imagine in MI is much the same.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts