Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, not really new to the world of riding, been riding since I was 10 (21 now), but I just got my first R6. I bought the bike as a project, it's my old roommate's bike that he crashed, it's a 2005 Raven. It's going to be my build over the winter, or if I get anxious it'll be done in a month. The new parts I just got are: front brake master cylinder, cylinder stay, clutch cable, both throttle cables, new clipons, and a front fairing stay.

Parts needed: left upper-fairing, front fairing, mirrors, front signals, front upper fairing, headlight, signal stock, clutch perch, windscreen, and I'm sure little annoying bits and pieces as they come up.

Below are some bike before/after pics, I just put the new clipons and master cylinder on today, so it begins!

Oh I guess I should mention I also reside in Canada and I'm a university student, anything else I don't really think anyone cares to know!

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Indeed I will! I'm just waiting on the delivery of my shop manual so I can get started on the more complicated things.

·
Jesus would've rode an R6
70 Posts
save the fairings for last...... get her street ready and use her to cruise around for fairings! Good luck man!

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
Welcome and good luck! Get a decent deal at least?

Hope its done soon!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome and good luck! Get a decent deal at least?

Hope its done soon!!!
Let's just say the owner of the shop it had been towed to before selling to me offered me almost $1,000 more than I paid :)

As for getting it street ready before finishing I've got an '05 SV650S, '98 Mustang and '92 Nissan Skyline to hold me over, I bought this bike for a winter project, but chances are I'm going to get antsy and finish it by the end of the month, or by October, we'll see what luck I have with locating parts.

And also if anyone is wondering I won't be selling this bike when I'm done, it'll be my main bike until it dies/I crash again at which point it'll become a track bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts