Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ARE PARKING GARAGE FLOORS AS SLIPPERY EVERYWHERE AS THE ONES IN DOWNTOWN PITTSBURGH! WOW!!

Going slow as hell up the ramp to park my bike, got to the first upward bend. i'm going like 2-3mph i leaned a TINY BIT.. I mean A TINY TINY TINY bit... WHEEEEWWPP!!!! slid right out!

AGH!!!! ROOKIE MISTAKE!

first road (garage) rash...

whats the best way to smooth out the scrapes on the bike? - alittle on the casing and a little on the fairing (left side)...

·
Oorah!
1,140 Posts
Kinda hard to remove the casing unless you replace or paint over it. the plasics should either be re painted or replaced.

Those are basically your options. Not much you can do, next thing to do to prevent this from happening, ride in parking garages with legs down, and go sloooww and get frame sliders

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Frame sliders are ordered, thats what makes it even worse!

Is there a way to sand down the scraps to make them even?... or should i just take some high-temp black paint and spray it?...

·
2B R <> 2B
3,703 Posts
Sorry about what happen... There is only 2 types of Riders I say.. Those who have fallen and those that havent fallen yet... I have one question - Did anybody see ya and please say you didn't need help getting the bike up...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well considering it was the main time everyone was coming into town for work, someone has to have seen me. I just picked it up with all my frustration and turned it off and then re-started it and went on my way.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Sorry to hear. Definitely get some sliders on there. :D

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
use a dremel and file them smooth, then shoot some paint on there. Trust me, the scrapes will be a badge later in the bikes life, its jsut right now you hate seeing it. So hide them.

When doing only 2-3 mph DON'T try to lean at all! Steer the bike at that speed. There is not enough down force or change in center of gravity or gyro effect at that slow of a speed.

Feet down, steer. bout all you can do. Glad you are ok, and remember, EVERYONE eventually does it, so be glad you got yours out of the way and were ok and very little damage occured. Learn from it, and move on.

How did you get rash at 3 mph??????? no gear???? shame shame

·
Registered
157 Posts
Atleast u didnt do what i did. Do 2k worth of dmg to the bike w/in two weeks of getting it and have the sliders arrive the next day.....

P.S. My wreck wasnt my fault tho lol

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not sure how your rear "slid out" going 2-3mph...
The surface of the garage is covered in a high gloss paint stuff to resist oil and road salt from getting into the concrete. I didn't realize how glossy is was until i was on my motorcycle in that garage....:bash:bash:bash:(:(:(:eek5:eek5:nono:nono:nono

...I didn't have any rash to myself... I had gear on. No harm to me at all.

·
Registered
107 Posts
bah. sucks man. im the newb also and im not looking forward to htis moment... already got frame sliders on tho :) maybe i can put the first mark on them and make it a easy one

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
I cant say i've ever been in a parking garage with the bike...

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
sorry to hear about the bike.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts