Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was with a buddy on 202 north riding aroung the Quaban res, never seen cops on this road before. I can around a turn with my buddy behind me and there was a cop coming the other way. he says he clocked me at 71 and my friend at 66. the cop was polite and all, not a dink. well anyways he wrote on the ticket that it was a 45 mph zone, infact it is a 50, i went back and checked. also he forgot to check off radar, estimated, or clocked on the ticket. i have a really good chance of beating this ticket, anyone got any helpful tips for me?

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Check www.motorists.org, this is the Web site for the National Motorists Association.

The fact that you have already pointed out the error of the officer not knowing what the speed limit was is an excellent start.

Hope you beat the ticket.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
My BIGGEST suggestion is to spend the couple hundred and have a lawyer do the work for you!!!

Yes, he screwed up, and you can prove that he screwed up, and you can easily find your own information on how to beat your ticket, but you'll go into court, you'll kick his ass with your information, and he will lie and the judge will still screw you. The judge will just see it in their mind as well, the officer just made an honest mistake, and see you at all fault.

I had a killer a case against a lying cop, basically made prosecution just shut up all together. Then they kept trying to give me deals, but i kept fighting it cause i was doing so well. but the judge said she knew i was wasting everyones time and that i just need to fess up to my mistakes and found me guilty. I didn't know that's how fair justice is served. If my lawyer would have been there, it would have been thrown out in about 5 minutes.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Premium Member
20,431 Posts
Did you agree that you were speeding at all during the conversation? Did he get you on video.

Just cause the cop made a couple errors doesn't mean you will get off from the ticket. I had a cop write a ticket that I was speeding in a school done when I was on our HWY and the judge still issued the citation cause he said speeding was speeding, didn't matter that the cop made a simple mistake.

·
Premium Member
20,431 Posts
Pay the ticket, take a course to get some points removed and don't speed next time.

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
Did you agree that you were speeding at all during the conversation? Did he get you on video.

Just cause the cop made a couple errors doesn't mean you will get off from the ticket. I had a cop write a ticket that I was speeding in a school done when I was on our HWY and the judge still issued the citation cause he said speeding was speeding, didn't matter that the cop made a simple mistake.
Thread revival from 04 :popcorn:

·
Premium Member
20,431 Posts
holy sheet how did i miss that :nono

·
Premium Member
20,431 Posts

·
Sherman Connoisseur
26,445 Posts
Wow...:popcorn:...:laugh