Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The R is for Respect
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get a stabilizer but I dont know anything about them. I was wondering what model you guys think I should get for my 03. Thanks.

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
I went an got me a GPR V4 damper, it supposedly 30% lighter than the original.

I heard the piston type dampers can be damaged in an accident and have to get replaced whereas the rotory types do not.

·
The R is for Respect
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was looking at the GPR V4. How do you like it? does it work well? and was it easy to install?

·
Registered
560 Posts
i have the the version before the v4. it does its job nicley. you wont regret it

·
I love hot dogs.
144 Posts
I want the gpr V4 but its retarded expensive for the 08

·
Custom User Title
1,824 Posts
scotts hands down

Base Valve-adjusts the amount of dampening (resistance) you feel at low or medium speeds

High Speed Valve-designed to help absorb large, unexpected hits

Sweep Control Valves-controls the distance of dampening force (or sweep) from the center line out to either side (left or right) until it releases. The damper is then free to move to the steering stop and back to center.

Scotts dampers let you safely adjust your steering dampening on the fly (use caution when doing so). It is also the only damper that is infinitely adjustable so you can set it to absorb any range or size of energy impact. You can even "turn it off" in case of a flat tire or other sort of emergency. There are no other dampers currently on the market that even come close to the performance of a Scotts steering damper. The damper is fully rebuildable and serviceable.

Let's face it, if you crash the first thing that breaks is your steering damper. Why?? Because they all use some sort of dampening rod.. that gets bent or worse ripped right out of the housing when the bike falls over. All except the SCOTTS Rotary Damper. That in itself is worth so much more than All the leading competition. If you add up all the features of the SCOTTS Damper ( High Speed & Low Speed Adj. , Total Degrees of Dampening Travel, Full Lock to Lock Rotation, Simple 4-5 minute Installation, and Virtually BulletProof Design)..It's clear there is only one way to go. We have had 100% satisfaction rating from our customers on ALL SCOTTS Dampers.

·
The R is for Respect
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I do want to start stunting soon. But mainly I'm tired of hitting a bump and feeling like I'm riding a huge dirt bike.

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
I dont know yet :dunce: I haven't gotten home from the deployment yet to check it all out...:(

·
Hey Guy
5,290 Posts
i've got the GPR and its freaking awesome, it makes a major differance, and will prob be one of my first mods on any bike i buy in the future.

I know that the 600rr's come with dampers built in.

I have the Scott's and it makes a huge difference. Especially in canyon carving where the road might not be as smooth as a track. I got a smokin deal on mine though. They're normally like $500 or something, i got mine for $250.

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
I know that the 600rr's come with dampers built in.

I have the Scott's and it makes a huge difference. Especially in canyon carving where the road might not be as smooth as a track. I got a smokin deal on mine though. They're normally like $500 or something, i got mine for $250.
i got mine for $250 on ebay........ not in box, but never installed. the new 600rr graffiti is pretty nice looking.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just got my GPR V4, and it's awsome. I would highly reccomend a stabilizer. turnig and not so smooth streets are a breeze, no more handle bar vibrations. They are sweet.

·
Registered
49 Posts
i just got done putting on my new gpr v4 couple hrs ago...took it for a spin and man let me tell u can tell the difference i love it...

·
T-1 is my Hero
0 Posts
Iv got a Hyperpro and I love it. I never really thought id need one cause I wasnt pushing it that hard at the time. As my skills got better I had a some head shake coming out of a turn so I bought one as soon as I got home. Its required equipment in my book. :fact

1 - 16 of 16 Posts