Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i was down in west palm beach, fl. and i was riding with the kid i got the bike from. and he now has a zx10r and we are just riding. and we start going and before i knew it i was at 120. (3 lane roads with little traffic) and there was a cop in the medium that clocked us in i guess. i didnt see him. at this time tunnel vision is in full effect. so when i relized i was going that fast, i started slowing down. then i pull up to a red light about a mile down the road. we start talking and then a undercover impala pulls out infront of us, so close he almost took off my tire. but they got me for doing 120 in a 45. court is in a month and i am getting a attroney.

what do you think,
taking away my liecense?

·
Its Only a 600?
319 Posts
well its def wreckless driving, possible license suspension, and expect a HEAVY fine.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
today i raced the z 1000 on my 2000 r6 and as i expected he pulled me, but i was really happy with how my bike help up. it went like this here.

i rode up next to him and talked for a minute at the light then did a 30 roll. i was still in first, 3rd honk i jumped up him and then he pulled up me not hard but not soft lol. it was a awsome race. i love my bike
I have a 2000 R6 and I rode up on a 2008 R6 (which was so sexy) but I asked him if he wanted to run one, and he said no I don't race. And where I'm from it is hard to find a race. what do you think the verdict would be between a 2000 R6 with a leo vinci exuast vs. a stock 08 R6?

not to be a douche but kinda looks like me you dug your own grave:dunce::fact

take that shit to the drag strip man its way more fun and a lot less hassle

·
Registered
205 Posts
like nitrosportman said not to be a "douche" but your putting your self in the donor list...:fact

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Sorry to hear. From it sounds like, the best you can hope for is a heavy fine and they don't take your license away. :yuk:

·
Registered
96 Posts
well i was down in west palm beach, fl. and i was riding with the kid i got the bike from. and he now has a zx10r and we are just riding. and we start going and before i knew it i was at 120. (3 lane roads with little traffic) and there was a cop in the medium that clocked us in i guess. i didnt see him. at this time tunnel vision is in full effect. so when i relized i was going that fast, i started slowing down. then i pull up to a red light about a mile down the road. we start talking and then a undercover impala pulls out infront of us, so close he almost took off my tire. but they got me for doing 120 in a 45. court is in a month and i am getting a attroney.

what do you think,
taking away my liecense?
just from the two threads ive read from you, im willing to bet that you will be the next "i just crashed my bike and its in 350,000 pieces" thread

·
Registered
166 Posts
Well, you'll definitely need a lawyer. It'll probably depend on your prior history...if it's bad, then you'll probably lose your license. If it's clean up to this point you may get some sort of deal, but it'll definitely cost you some $$ in the end. Unfortunately, they don't buy the "I didn't realize I was going that fast" excuse.

·
Registered
96 Posts

·
BACK
384 Posts
no one else has ever went 120?!?! lol ur just unlucky cause the cop actually decided to call u in and alert that undercover but i dont get why everyones bad mouthin you i dont consistenly ride fast but ive definetly went faster than 120 and if i got pulled over or die yeah its my fault but i dont think im a douche for pullin my throttle a little

·
Registered
52,013 Posts
no one else has ever went 120?!?! lol ur just unlucky cause the cop actually decided to call u in and alert that undercover but i dont get why everyones bad mouthin you i dont consistenly ride fast but ive definetly went faster than 120 and if i got pulled over or die yeah its my fault but i dont think im a douche for pullin my throttle a little
riiiiiiite, so yall dont do 120+???:BS
they'd def take the license away here, gl fighting it!
Of course, I do... almost always on the track... but never in (light) traffic... :fact

·
2B R <> 2B
3,703 Posts
The Speed limit is 40 and you are going 120... Did they take you to jail? Tell the judge you just started riding and it want happen again... You are hoping for probation .. Cry if you gotta... Dam Pride...

·
My KTM is partly Orange
492 Posts
guys lightn up. Everyone speeds and 120 isnt anything for a straight line.

I got busted in my stang doing close to that. But mine was on highway and I was JUST under double the limit. I had a 30 day suspsnsion, and I paid 1500 bucks in fines. Thats was what my ticket buddy got me, without him I would had 3 months and probably 1000 buck fine. But since I need a car, I opted to pay more for less suspension.

Since you were 3 times over, and everyone and their mother thinks speeding is a cardinal sin (god damn bubblewrapped society)...they'll throw the book at ya. Im guessing at least a month, probably more suspension. Probation afterwards and a fine.

Im in canada, your in the states so maybe its different. I dunno.

Sucks though huh?

·
pop wheelies
1,615 Posts
I'm currently fighting a 97 in 65 in my car, and its pretty rough. Don't bother showing up to court with out a lawyer. Most lawyers handle speeding tickets through the mail with the ada or da's. If your lucky you'll have to take a defensive driving course which will remove 3 or 4 points off of your license, but you will still have the record of a speeding ticket. And in ny if you get 3 in 18 months you lose your license. But with the speed you were doing thats over 11 points, and that is an automatic license suspension. Good luck with that one is all I have to say.

·
Registered
52,013 Posts
If you were on a county road all alone would you still be douche for hitting 120?
I don't know, but then again, I never called him a douche...

There's a time and a place... personally, given good visibility, I'd probably hit that lonely county road, but light traffic? :nono

1 - 20 of 50 Posts