Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bike is stretched, power comander 5, dyno tune, sprockets down 1 in the front up 1 In the rear, air filter and exhaust. I went 10.7 at 124.01 with a 1.7 60 foot. Was just curious if that's about average or I need to work on launching. Thanks. The bike made 96hp on motor and 128 on a 15 shot of nitrous. Bottle was to empty to get a good nitrous pass in so the time above is off the bottle

·
Registered
203 Posts
On my 2005 r6, first night at the track, lowered 3" rear, air filter and slip-on exhaust being my only performance mods, my 60ft was 1.88, 1/4 mile [email protected] With gearing and a dyno tune, I would think you should have a higher trap speed, unless you were using a nitrous tune without actually using nitrous and the bike wasn't running right? how much is your bike stretched? is it lowered? How much do you weigh?

96hp also seems a bit low for your bike, and a 15 shot gained 32rwhp?

·
Registered
65 Posts
11s is a common run on a stock r6s. I was in the 10s with only a few things done to mine. and yea you need to recheck the tune on your bike. 96hp is low for your bike. they come factory with almost 120hp at the motor and 110 to the rear tire. and a 15 shot shouldn't make 32 rwhp that should be like 18 rwhp at best. im running a direct port 40 shot and it only adds 50rwhp. either your tune is way off or the dyno that you went to is out of calibration. it sounds like the bike is running too rich with it picking up more hp on the bottle like it is. because all you are doing is adding extra air to the motor so the extra fuel that is going to it is helping the nitrous work more effectively.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts