Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I joined this forum about a month ago cause my cousin passed me down a 2007 r6 after he had bought his new R1. Finally finished all the paper work (insurance and all that good stuff), got myself a permit, gear and took it out for a ride today. And DAMN did it feel nice! i've learned how to ride on a 150cc while traveling to 3rd world countries for missions work and was honestly wicked scared to hope on a 600 bike. But the weather was to darn nice here in NY today so i had my brother follow behind me and took it out for a spin. 2hours went by soo fast. I still need to improve on my turns of course and my braking, i'm hardly using the back brake, but i hear it's best to make it a habit to use both. I know majority of the R6 riders here must have been riding for quite some time so if there any tips u can give me please do :) i'm always looking to improve. I realized how that phrase "you must be one with your bike" really plays a big role while riding. sounds cheesy and all but i'll have to ride each day to learn sumthing new~ Cheers all! and Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
you might want to look into taking a msf class.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I'd definitely suggest taking the MSF class. If you have to pay I'd still say it's worth it (it's free here in PA). The class may seem like it just lets you practice simple, stupid stuff - but in reality for a new rider it's damn useful info and technique you'll pick up.

Other advice is to just keep riding. I swear every time I ride I feel like I've gained 10x more skill than the previous time riding.

And just stay within your limits. If you're doing something and you feel like you're pushing it or are nervous about it, don't do it till those feelings go away.

Ride safe, have fun.

·
Registered
320 Posts
sweet, where in ny you located?

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
I wanna see pics. of your pic:D...and if your a female....i wanna see pics. of you:fact

1 - 7 of 7 Posts