Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Fat + S = Fast
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to buy my first set of race bodywork. Yay for busted cherries :) I have an '05, can anyone who's run Sharkskinz on a 2nd gen tell me if I need to keep any OEM parts in order to hook up my ram air ducts? Or if there's any OEM bits I need to keep period in order to mount everything properly?

·
Fat + S = Fast
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's all fascinating but I really need to know about the technical shit I asked about before I ship my headlights out :)

I'm getting a complete painted set for $NOTMUCH, and no I'm not telling you where. :D

·
Registered
108 Posts
Based on my '07.

Going to need the ram air tubes up to the plastic nose. Also a few of the screws that mount to the frame, mirror screws and maybe clips in the tail.

I'm going to go feel rich now...eventhough my Sharkskinz look like a homeless person lived in them for 6 months.

·
iRun
33,319 Posts
It's a track bike... Make sure it's not falling off, then ride the shit out of it. :yes

·
Fat + S = Fast
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Posted this in Respect but I'm kinda having an OCD fit over it so I'm doubling up, lower doesn't have the vents like the ones they show on their website, are they old or is he messing with me or what? I gotta know before I ship my headlights off, shiz is bothering me.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Every piece of my bodywork has a Sharkskinz logo/label on the backside under a layer of resin.

Do they fit correctly? Mine take a little stretching to install but line up very well with the mounts.

·
Fat + S = Fast
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just for reference if anyone else wonders about this in the future, I forwarded the pics to Sharkskinz and they told me the pics on their website are of original production pieces, they removed the OEM style vents from the forms in response to YEC wind tunnel testing.

·
Harley Hatin'
391 Posts
Mine came with sharkskinz from its track days a few owners back...love the body but its lacking the RAM air tubes completely since the only vent I can see that it would seem that they might hook to is being used for headlights...does anyone know how much of a loss/gain or any change at all that this would cause on an 04...just curious...idk exactly what series mine would be either...they don't look like the ones on the sharkskinz site....got the tags in the resin and everything but they have a sort of old skool look to em...ill try to get pics soon

1 - 14 of 14 Posts