Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Why yes I don't!!!!!!!!!!
4,809 Posts
I do this on the highway and the streets and I'm still here. If I don't do this the bikes leans more which is unsafe. The more upright the safer.
hopefully for not much longer! Ill pray winter comes to an abrupt end so you can continue demonstrating your idiocy! :wink: Why dont you post a pic of your current tires.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
People get mad at you because you constantly are posting on here telling others how to ride (presumably incorrectly) with absolutely zero instruction from a track day school (or anyone but yourself for that matter). You then continue to relate motogp riding to everyday riding when what they are doing on the track should not be emulated on the street. Those guys are on the limit of traction, somewhere you shouldn't even be getting close to on the street, so their riding style is that way for a reason. You're just expelling way, way more energy then you need to riding that way on the street, plus you look ridiculous hanging off with 5 degrees of angle but that's beside the point.

So here's a tip, either take a track day school or let the track guys with experience critique each others riding. You might even learn a thing or two if you just read what they have to say and stop thinking you know it all. A lot of these people on here have a ton of experience and are very informative.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Track conditions strive to be as perfect as possible. This affords one the ability to ride with less reserve. Street, that ain't the case. Didn't notice that stick or bit of sand at the intersection? Wet roads, road plates, manhole covers, sewer grades, oil slick, cold pavement, icy overpass, craters, dips, road wrinkles, varmints and critters, unpredictable children, pedestrians, rapid lane changer, etc, etc, etc? The number of variables that a track rider must worry about is considerably less. That's what allows for the higher speeds. When it comes to having a little fun on the street, you must be *hyper* opportunistic. Too often I've seen other riders, (and probably myself on rare occasions though I privately chastise myself afterward,) take unnecessary risks, forcing a situation rather than wait for a better opportunity down the road.

·
Touchdown!
1,252 Posts
Track conditions strive to be as perfect as possible. This affords one the ability to ride with less reserve. Street, that ain't the case. Didn't notice that stick or bit of sand at the intersection? Wet roads, road plates, manhole covers, sewer grades, oil slick, cold pavement, icy overpass, craters, dips, road wrinkles, varmints and critters, unpredictable children, pedestrians, rapid lane changer, etc, etc, etc? The number of variables that a track rider must worry about is considerably less. That's what allows for the higher speeds. When it comes to having a little fun on the street, you must be *hyper* opportunistic. Too often I've seen other riders, (and probably myself on rare occasions though I privately chastise myself afterward,) take unnecessary risks, forcing a situation rather than wait for a better opportunity down the road.
Well put. Real rap.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Riding slow on the streets is scary. I can understand when you think going fast is a lot worse but it's not. Going faster feels much safer than going slower but I only do it when it's dry.

I have nothing to prove and I don't really care if people know or don't know what to do.

I still have my bike, I have chicken strips that don't lie but it's not recommended to ride fast on the streets but with what I've seen and what I've done, I prefer not to do it again. I just keep the bike upright as possible and go but if I had to lean I would have to.

I'm so far above the limit of the carbon fiber bicycle that I'm beyond happy. If I smoke a lot of you on the track so what. If you crash trying to keep up, so what. If I can't keep up, so what.

It's like working out at the gym. Do only what you can. If you want to do less and do nothing then do nothing. If you want to do extremely heavy weight to build up structural integrity creating microtears in the bones and the tissue but people think you are doing it for ego so what. If you want to build up size w/o overloading to work on that connective tissue and it rips then people freak out saying even trainers rip their muscles so going ultra heavy is wrong so what. So what if people don't even know about a lot of things in the world that matter. It doesn't matter who you listen to, if it works it works. If it doesn't then you've missed something. The other option is just to not even do it at all.

·
Registered
270 Posts
People get mad at you because you constantly are posting on here telling others how to ride (presumably incorrectly) with absolutely zero instruction from a track day school (or anyone but yourself for that matter). You then continue to relate motogp riding to everyday riding when what they are doing on the track should not be emulated on the street. Those guys are on the limit of traction, somewhere you shouldn't even be getting close to on the street, so their riding style is that way for a reason. You're just expelling way, way more energy then you need to riding that way on the street, plus you look ridiculous hanging off with 5 degrees of angle but that's beside the point.

So here's a tip, either take a track day school or let the track guys with experience critique each others riding. You might even learn a thing or two if you just read what they have to say and stop thinking you know it all. A lot of these people on here have a ton of experience and are very informative.
Their body position can be emulated to keep the bike even More upright dumbass. Try it properly and see. The idea is to stomp on the peg closest to the sky while doing it. I have no idea how must it prob saved me from totaling and worse but after getting good I've tried to stop doing it but the bike feels way more lower even at 100mph which means I had to add brake. Before I can take the same corner at 140 Easy. The more out your upper body is the more you can keep the bike upright. Go on a roundabout and play w/ body position. Go to the limits of what you feel is safe when leaning. If I don't have my upper body way out there is no way I can do 35mph comfortably but I assume some can but that's unsafe. Hitting a few rocks at times destabilizes the traction a bit but w/ correct body position the control is maintained. Of course in the dry only.

If you guys cannot move your upper body off the bike it means your personal fitness level of core strength and other strengths suck. Also it could be mean you guys are tight or previous injuries inhibit the proper way to body position. It took me a while to figure it out and at times I forgot to counter-steer which is also dangerous.

The idea is to run the correct drills and proper mechanics before going "fast". You guys think I have no idea what I'm talking about. I was scared to bring my feet up at all at MSF. I just wanted the endorsement but after I couldn't live w/o a bike. I don't prefer to ride forever but just every now and then fast is good. I'm not sure how you guys ride w/o analyzing how you ride. This is the most important thing to master.

I am still here you idiots.

Also, if my chicken strips look bad it's because I haven't leaned since the summer. I'm not going down leaning hard in the cold.

I've never been to the track once. Only the MSF parking lot track w/ cones. I've learned proper "riding" dynamics with my RC motorcycle. Not my vid but same RC bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
....... .......... Going faster feels much safer than going slower but I only do it when it's dry. ..............................................
I can agree with this. But keep in mind that adrenaline like a drug, can distort one's perceptions. I'm not saying you're doing it, but weaving through traffic like I've seen some other folk do, does more to place everyone at risk. I haven't seen this rider since May of last year. He would do stuff like that. Hope he's okay... wish I had his number to check up on'em. :frown: Hopefully he's had the opportunity to learn from that experience and get back out here.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhsZJDCN8kMMgaQgfi-zIZkGlXXOog

Good luck man! Be safe.

·
Why yes I don't!!!!!!!!!!
4,809 Posts
Their body position
I am still here you idiots.

I've never been to the track once. Only the MSF parking lot track w/ cones.
from here to fore yee shall be named Square Tire Clown.
Thanks for testifying about your stupidity. Fortunately for you... you dont have to be stuck in that ignorant cloud but Id wager you will.

I dont care much for the MSF but honestly those instructors must have the patience of a saints. Some of them let the certification go to their head but the collective are well meaning people. I get it...they can only do so much. Getting people into the hobby and licensed is the main focus. FYI... I had to send my child through the program and he learned 0 about ride skill. 16hrs of classroom & parking lot parade and wasnt able to salvage 1 usable tidbit. Good thing I taught him the basics...lol

·
260 Posts
Also, if my chicken strips look bad it's because I haven't leaned since the summer.
If you had leaned at all in the summer, you wouldn't still have chicken strips. Tires don't "heal" themselves.

I've never been to the track once.
Do you think that maybe you could learn some things from those that have?

I've learned proper "riding" dynamics with my RC motorcycle.
Not to say that you can't learn anything from a toy but you must agree that there are significant limitations. You don't seem to lack from confidence/arrogance/conceit but your real-world experience appears to be somewhat lacking.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
You post a video of an RC motorcycle and expect anything you say before that to have any merit. Saw the video and disregarded everything you wasted typing.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I haven't read the comment in context, but he had to be kidding/trolling/chain-yanking about the RC moto bit. Only so much can be learned via observation as opposed to execution. No need for further pile-on. I think everyone's had their say at this point.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
I haven't read the comment in context, but he had to be kidding/trolling/chain-yanking about the RC moto bit. Only so much can be learned via observation as opposed to execution. No need for further pile-on. I think everyone's had their say at this point.
You'd think so, but that is not the first time I have seen him try and reference that video.

Yea I had my fun, I'm done commenting.

·
Touchdown!
1,252 Posts
Post quoting him and feeding into the nonsense we all know it has come to be is only unnecessary fuel leading to knocking and preignition/predetonation. We know the outcome of those factors.

It's a reason he's been banned from at least three other forums for the same behavior. I have more reading, analyzing, and seat time, so I can avoid potential crashes in the future. Also, I need to look at personal videos to identify the root cause of my prior crashes simliar to WristTwister.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts