Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
from here to fore yee shall be named Square Tire Clown.
Thanks for testifying about your stupidity. Fortunately for you... you dont have to be stuck in that ignorant cloud but Id wager you will.

I dont care much for the MSF but honestly those instructors must have the patience of a saints. Some of them let the certification go to their head but the collective are well meaning people. I get it...they can only do so much. Getting people into the hobby and licensed is the main focus. FYI... I had to send my child through the program and he learned 0 about ride skill. 16hrs of classroom & parking lot parade and wasnt able to salvage 1 usable tidbit. Good thing I taught him the basics...lol
They were all pleased about my riding and said I've aced the course as their best student. I was pretty much racing the track towards the end and going slow when needed like in real-life. Everyone else was taking it easy. I wanted to explore the power damn it but I kept catching up to people no matter how much I slow down to create space which they didn't like.

·
Registered
270 Posts
If you had leaned at all in the summer, you wouldn't still have chicken strips. Tires don't "heal" themselves.

Do you think that maybe you could learn some things from those that have?

Not to say that you can't learn anything from a toy but you must agree that there are significant limitations. You don't seem to lack from confidence/arrogance/conceit but your real-world experience appears to be somewhat lacking.
I've learned how people get smoked by fast riders who track. These are the people I assume you people are. Just because you stepped for on track does not mean it matters especially when you are riding at up to 80% power limit. I'm giving the R6 all it's got at times in 2 and higher in any corner in the dry but from riding Ride 3 where it kicks out.. I'm going to be more cautious this summer. It never kicked out on me but I might not have been leaning As much but it was definitely leaning. When skills go up so do the problems.

·
Touchdown!
1,254 Posts
Post quoting him and feeding into the nonsense we all know it has come to be is only unnecessary fuel leading to knocking and preignition/predetonation. We know the outcome of those factors.

It's a reason he's been banned from at least three other forums for the same behavior. I have more reading, analyzing, and seat time, so I can avoid potential crashes in the future. Also, I need to look at personal videos to identify the root cause of my prior crashes simliar to WristTwister.
On top of that, it's politics as usual. The PMs encouraging certain behaviors to irritate others - the post quotes to keep it going.

There you have it!

It's too much information being shared for free... information which people use as a means of profit. They don't want that information out there for free. It hurts profits when knowledge is shared for free in which they are profiting from. Always remember, the game is rigged. Without it being rigged, anyone can then succeed and win.

·
Registered
270 Posts
On top of that, it's politics as usual. The PMs encouraging certain behaviors to irritate others - the post quotes to keep it going.

There you have it!

It's too much information being shared for free... information which people use as a means of profit. They don't want that information out there for free. It hurts profits when knowledge is shared for free in which they are profiting from. Always remember, the game is rigged. Without it being rigged, anyone can then succeed and win.
If you only had information for free that prevented you from crashing you wouldn't have to go through the struggles you have and the current struggle of not being able to ride your bike on the streets especially at night like the rest of us like me who still has their bike and it's better than the 1st day of getting it.

Some professional knowledge is botched, uninformed, misinformed. A doctor told me squats are bad for you. Only use a leg press but doing a leg press wrong can ruin the L5-S1 area of the spine but I didn't want to go into too much detail or he might Revoke my "clearance". lol

The absolute Best prime examples are the people who say some knowledge is incorrect when they crash hard because of it. It feels fulfilling and rewarding when you look at yourself and didn't crash but of course I don't tell people that. You grieve and "pray" for them because that's how the world handles things or least I don't because I don't really care if people talk shit about me. I don't have a reputation to cover or a job to prevent from losing.

Of course life is rigged otherwise there would be no balance. As long as people make it into Heaven after struggling hard everyone is good. I only feel bad for those who struggle hard and still make it into Hell but it doesn't mean a so-called "easy" life is "easier". We just don't know how much weight "suffering" holds on terms of tokens for afterlife placement. We don't know if the multi is 5x-5000x+ or such. It could be just 1x but who knows.

Private training schools will still be very expensive. If you want good coaching then go to the school and believe no one else. Believe Professionals too. Believe no one else if you cannot understand common sense. As long as people aren't crashing, it doesn't matter if they are at 60% their limit. All people can do if people crash is shake their head no and go.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Well if you guys are going to take anything good from me just know to not take corners as hard and on straights when it's dry go as fast as you want at your own risk mitigating discretion otherwise you will take corners hard from not getting your fix while taking straights "slow". This is only if your bike is well-maintained like mine w/ a steering damper and correct non-leaking tire pressure from a ruptured valve stem. If your forks leak, wipe them or they go on your brakes inhibiting braking performance when it could matter the most and try your best to knowingly counter-steer at all times. Only steer back to balance the bike in a lean but not to turn More.

·
1up,5down
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Well if you guys are going to take anything good from me just know to not take corners as hard and on straights when it's dry go as fast as you want at your own risk mitigating discretion otherwise you will take corners hard from not getting your fix while taking straights "slow". This is only if your bike is well-maintained like mine w/ a steering damper and correct non-leaking tire pressure from a ruptured valve stem. If your forks leak, wipe them or they go on your brakes inhibiting braking performance when it could matter the most and try your best to knowingly counter-steer at all times. Only steer back to balance the bike in a lean but not to turn More.
You are the biggest tool I have ever come across on a forum. Your tires show proof that you ride like a little girl with training wheels :fact. Thank you for ruining my thread :asshole

Admin please close this thread as it is now worthless....

·
Registered
205 Posts
I've thought about going to those schools but i can't see it being worth the money... i'd rather do 5 track days for the same money. The forks were rebuilt with GP suspension internals and are set up quite nice :smile:
The thing about quality riding schools is that they teach you proper skills and techniques that can help prevent crashes and potential injuries. Sure, one school can cost the same amount as 5 track days but what is the point of doing 5 track days if you are riding around making the same mistakes over and over, or if you crash and cost yourself a whole pile of cash? I can say from experience that two days of coaching instruction from the California Superbike School (where I am now a coach, but I WAS a student for all four levels) improved my race times considerably, made me a safer more confident rider/racer AND saved me a lot of $$ in the long run from being able to avoid potential crashes and from making mistakes over and over again. People tend to put $$ into making their bike fast, modifying parts, aftermarket this or that, suspension tuning etc etc....but then they freak out about investing in their OWN riding. It should be done the opposite way, invest in your own riding first...become the very best and most confident rider you can be and THEN put the $$ into making your bike as fast/pretty/light as possible....and if you have a list of skills/techniques that you know you need to work on, you can do so at the next series of track days you go too. Anyway, my two cents :wink::grin:

Post quoting him and feeding into the nonsense we all know it has come to be is only unnecessary fuel leading to knocking and preignition/predetonation. We know the outcome of those factors.

It's a reason he's been banned from at least three other forums for the same behavior. I have more reading, analyzing, and seat time, so I can avoid potential crashes in the future. Also, I need to look at personal videos to identify the root cause of my prior crashes simliar to WristTwister.
I like how you put in the time and effort to analyze your riding, your mistakes and figure out areas to focus and work on...too many people crash and then just blame the conditions, tires, situation etc and don't put any effort into figuring out what role THEY may have played in it all. Good on ya!!!

·
260 Posts
too many people crash and then just blame the conditions, tires, situation etc and don't put any effort into figuring out what role THEY may have played in it all. Good on ya!!!
One of my favorite quotes, "Many a good bike has been dragged down by its rider."

·
Registered
205 Posts
One of my favorite quotes, "Many a good bike has been dragged down by its rider."
LOVE THIS!!! It's like what Keith Code says about riders creating more problems than motorcycles are designed to handle. :). He says in Twist of the Wrist II "Based on the amount of wiggling, squirming and overuse of the controls most riders exhibit, the bike would, if it could, surely ask them lot leave. much like an uneducated passenger who tries to "correct" by counter-leaning mid-corner, riders create instability on their own mounts."

So how do riders create more problems while riding? What are they DOING that creates instability?

41 - 54 of 54 Posts