Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Box of Lube
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday I had my first trackday at Chuckwalla Valley Raceway with S.T.A.R. Had a really good time and learned a lot. The heat was making the GoPros freeze up and not record so I only got a few sessions recorded. This was probably my third session out on the track. I was Still trying to get a feel for it and for the bike. Towards the end of the day I got my lines a lot cleaner (Still far far far from perfect).

The mount was a little shakey and the sounds not the best. But overall you get the jist of it.

BTW im riding my 2011 Honda CBR600RR, not my R6. This was the first time ive ridden it other then around the neighborhood and to the gas station.

The guy smoke checking us newbs thats 2-up is Jason Preidmore. lol

·
Parts Pimp
26,473 Posts
I also would have gotten off the line to pass the dresser! :laugh WTF!!!!!

Lookin good man. Way to keep it in the power band and to mind the cones and the line. The only way to get faster is on that line!

:cheers
Keep it up!

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
Yesterday I had my first trackday at Chuckwalla Valley Raceway with S.T.A.R. Had a really good time and learned a lot. The heat was making the GoPros freeze up and not record so I only got a few sessions recorded. This was probably my third session out on the track. I was Still trying to get a feel for it and for the bike. Towards the end of the day I got my lines a lot cleaner (Still far far far from perfect).

The mount was a little shakey and the sounds not the best. But overall you get the jist of it.

BTW im riding my 2011 Honda CBR600RR, not my R6. This was the first time ive ridden it other then around the neighborhood and to the gas station.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjyEarOfDj4

The guy smoke checking us newbs thats 2-up is Jason Preidmore. lol
Nice! STAR is awesome. JP's enthusiasm is contagious. Did he have any of the AMA guys out there with him? (James Rispoli, Corey Alexander?) Chuck is a touch track to learn. There's a lot of tricksy blind and decreasing radius corners. It's really damn fun though. Welcome to the addiction!

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
Oh yeah, and make sure you use the underwater housing for the GoPro, and the rubber nub thing and some masking tape laid down in the grooves of the mount will help with the vibration. And set it to 720 or 1080 resolution. Square video is for the 90s.

·
Box of Lube
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I really wish I could have done both days instead of just one. After I got home and watched some of the videos I think a lot of stuff sank in that I wish I could have tried.

·
Dangerously Irish
9,551 Posts
*hits thumbs up button*

1 - 12 of 12 Posts