Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I finally did my first track day with TPM yesterday and all I can say is....I am hooked!
Different world on the track, wish I had some more sessions to ride yesterday. Just when I started getting comfortable it seemed like it was over. I had a blast and can't wait for the next one!

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
welcome to the addiction!
just had my first TD about a month ago, im trying to go again on the 30th this month but having some bike issues atm so its not looking good

honestly it made me think about just dropping the bike from street before some highschooler on her phone kills me and going track only..

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
^^+1 on putting $$$ aside for your new addition.

after doing track, i don't ride street as much anymore and just save all the fun for the track. but it does get costly..

·
Registered
391 Posts
MichaelRC51 let me know next season if you want to start doing track days. I'll be doing TD's more frequently with my newly owned R6. Would love to know more people in here who does TD's. Glad you enjoyed your day. I think one day is enough for me since it does get tiring after pushing so hard. No street rides for me too except when I have to show off the Ducati. :)

·
I'd Flip it :popcorn:
16,745 Posts
I love weekday track days....Less people, and more fun! I did one on a Thursday...Hardly no one showed up

Welcome to the Hell for tires

·
NCSportbikes.com
701 Posts
awesome man! i've done two, but i'm hooked and looking at doing two more before the end of the year!

trackdays are like crack, you cant just do it once...

·
Keep it Rubber-Side Down
272 Posts
Awesome....and welcome to the track. You probably now realize just what that R6 is capable of. Absolutely start saving the $$$$ for you new "habit". It's more addictive than crack! This was my second summer of track days and I finally qualified for my Race License....so next year I should be looking at entering some races.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Only been to Thunderbolt once and I was in the white group. Looking forward into getting more track time over there. Fun track but lots of traffic.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts