Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally did my first trackday yesterday at Autobahn Country Club in Joliet, IL. 3.51 mile full course... it was a blast!! I've found things I definitely need improving on but overall it was a great time. Didn't crash so it was a successful day. Didn't quite get my knee down however but next time when I get more comfortable I'm not rushing anything... had my toe touch down once :lmao

·
AFM #327
15,209 Posts
Awesome feeling it is on the track :fact

Remember...getting knee down is a result, not a goal. Toe scrapping could lead you into trouble. Recommend getting with an instructor with the trackday org and working on one thing at a time

Welcome to the addiction :laugh

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
touching toe is bad body position. ;)

but congrats on a successful/FUN day. and welcome to the poor house. :laugh

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just did my first track day 2 days ago as well! So much fun and got way faster towards the end of the day. Best part for me was braking hard after the straights!

So much to learn but sad I cant do this more often becuase of the $$.

Just remember, the only trophy to be won is loading your bike up the same way you offloaded it, (said at our morning meeting, stuck in my head).

·
To Infinity.. and BEYOND!
1,681 Posts
Just did mine on Sunday too. I'm hooked! Toe scraping though?... That means your feet are in a bad position, should have ball of your feet on the peg, not hanging off it.

Will be doing my next one in a couple months hopefully.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts