Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Before I got my bike I had always heard the expression, "There are two types of motorcycle riders, those that have been down, and those that will." I never thought it would apply to me.

I lowsided my bike into a ditch today i slid on the asphalt and somehow managed to land in a ditch right between two trees. If I woulda hit them I woulda been dead for sure ( i was going maybe 55-60 mph). Anyway the whole left side is basically messed up, front left headlight assembly was DOA, the cowlings on the left are super messed up, frame slider tore off ironically, and the crankcase cover had a hole in it and the oil has severely been drained because of it.

anyway here are a few pics

Attachments

·
SquiD!
606 Posts
glad to hear you aren't seriously injured...

were you still lying down when you snapped the 2nd pic :lmao?

·
sha shaaa...!
2,383 Posts
Damn bro,Only 15 posts in too....glad your ok! Kinda overwhelming at first, but live and learn!
So what gear where you wearing?

time to start shoppin around! your at the right place...

·
FEARLESS
312 Posts
that sucks dude. glad ur ok

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha yea only 15 posts in and yes i was still laying down in all my gear and helmet right were i stopped sliding when i snapped the second pic. I had my Shoei on and a A* jacket and some riding shoe/boots and my gloves so no serious harm foot is hurtin tho

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Glad you're ok...poor baby looks so sad laying there all busted up... Time for some TLC!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was making a right hand turn, front wheel hit gravel. I realized that i couldnt make the turn anymore but there was also a turn slightly to the left so I tried to make it there to avoid the ditch I ended up in but my rear wheel hit gravel and the rest is what you can see in the pics.

·
I eat pancakes 4breakfast
368 Posts
crazy... i went to gmr yesterday and there was dirt everywhere man.. well, good luck fixing her back up... wat kinda frame sliders did you have on?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not too sure what brand they were some cheap ones I found on the internet. Is there a big quality difference between brands I should know about? The run up the 243 was supposed to be a warmup for me for GMR next friday so i wouldn't be too rusty... Guess that wont be goin down lol

·
I eat pancakes 4breakfast
368 Posts
i dunno about the frame sliders.. dont have one on my bike... been wanting to get the sato no cut sliders for my bike, but never happened.. haha. well, shoot me a pm when you get her fixed.. lets go ride..

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i dunno about the frame sliders.. dont have one on my bike... been wanting to get the sato no cut sliders for my bike, but never happened.. haha. well, shoot me a pm when you get her fixed.. lets go ride..
Sounds good man it might be a while! need to get some $$ together

·
My R6 doesn't exist
1,674 Posts
that must have been a bitch to get out of that ditch.

my friend lowslid his bike yesterday down a revene about 300feet. me and him had to push it up a pretty steep hill.

sorry about the bike though. hope u get it put back together by summer.

goodluck

1 - 20 of 35 Posts