Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone. I have a question. I just got a used but good condition yoshi TRC carbon fiber/stainless full exhaust from Ebay. It sounds awesome. However after the installed it, I turned the bike, and it sounded great. I went to put my Optimal race body and had issue with the 2 middle pipes kinda protruding further forward than the 2 outside pipes. So the belly pan will not go on at all. If I try to half way install the belly pan the front of the belly pan hits the back of the front tire. I tried to do my homework and research this pipe before I bought it. Never found any fitment issues online.
Anybody know about this issue?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool! I didnt see this thread. When I called Yoshi they told me the same thing "we designed them around OEM bodywork". I cant understand why if this is classified as a race exhaust they dont account for race body fitment as well. They didnt tell me about "aftermarket race plastics may require modification". Matter of fact the guy wanted me to send him photos. That was today so I havent gotten a response as I sent the pics pretty late. Very helpful post though. I have some cutting to do this weekend.
Thank you His Own 6!

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
Sell that junk to a street rider & get a proper "race" exhaust. If you noticed...any pros that run a Yoshimura exhaust do not have that stupid curly Q pipe. Also the profile is identical to the 2005 stock header and that fits fine on race body (all brands)

·
nom nom nom nom nom nom
1,251 Posts
Cool! I didnt see this thread. When I called Yoshi they told me the same thing "we designed them around OEM bodywork". I cant understand why if this is classified as a race exhaust they dont account for race body fitment as well. They didnt tell me about "aftermarket race plastics may require modification". Matter of fact the guy wanted me to send him photos. That was today so I havent gotten a response as I sent the pics pretty late. Very helpful post though. I have some cutting to do this weekend.
Thank you His Own 6!
An exhaust manufacturer can't be responsible for making their exhaust fit with every brand of bodywork, and the same in reverse.

That said, the stock bodywork has a cutout on the bottom, and this is where these problem exhausts protrude. If I were designing an exhaust, I wouldn't have it go below the bodywork into that hole. Common sense dictates that race bodywork would probably follow the flat area at the bottom and not have a bulge to allow for exhaust. Basically, that tells you that nobody involved in the Yoshimura design knows much about race bodywork, for whatever that is worth.

·
Mr. HER6
2,084 Posts
Basically, that tells you that nobody involved in the Yoshimura design knows much about race bodywork, for whatever that is worth.
I find that VERY hard to believe. My guess is that it's a compromise they decided to make in order to achieve their desired pipe length.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts