Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I have been trying to get a mechanic too help me out with a parts list but haven't been able to do that so i figured i could take some pictures and hopefully some of you can tell me what i need. I went down last summer and am finally trying to get back on the road. Im not sure what the parts are that I need but here are some pictures. My bike is a 2000 r6 of course. Thanks for any help. And if you have anything i need of course, please let me know. Thanks again

In the middle picture the finger is pointing at the snapped part where a sort of bracket looking thing that holds my front end on the frame is. Its snapped by the two bolts. And in the picture on the far right i was trying to show the rear brake assembly and how it is bent.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I have been researching and found that I need the oil pump cover. THat as well as whatever the part on the front end that will secure it to the frame, a rear sub-frame, rearset for my bent brake, and somehow need to get my kill switch back in place, as it got scratched off. If anyone has any parts or advice, let me know, thank you.

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
Hard to tell from the pictures, but since you have the 99 - 02 R6 (1st gen) I would pm Chief about it.

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
Hey man, Sorry I didn't get right back to you. Can you post bigger pics? What are you lookin for, help figuring out what parts you need to order? I'm gonna run downstairs now and look at the part up by the forks to see what you are pointing too.

Otherwise I see the oil pump cover is trashed, and the rearset and rear break lever are beat too..

·
I Race my R6
291 Posts
He's just pulling the clutch cable out of the way so the camera can see better. He's broken the mounting tabs of the front stay. It appears that the tabs are still bolted to the main frame. Since front stays are hard to come by used (people break them regularly) If you don't want to buy new this one would be a good candiate for a welder. Tig would be your best solution (prettiest) but anyone with a aluminum set-up Mig can do the job. After that you can sand it smooth again if you'd like and a gloss black rattle can paint job and it will work and look decent for you.

Oh and those rearsets are after market can't seem to figure out which brand from the pic but there should be some identification somewhere on them to obtain the matched replacement parts. Otherwise you will need stock OEM for both sides so they are matched.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey man, Sorry I didn't get right back to you. Can you post bigger pics? What are you lookin for, help figuring out what parts you need to order? I'm gonna run downstairs now and look at the part up by the forks to see what you are pointing too.

Otherwise I see the oil pump cover is trashed, and the rearset and rear break lever are beat too..

Im pretty sure that the forum restricts the size which is why I had such small pictures in the first place. If you give me your e-mail i can send you the bigger pictures.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
He's just pulling the clutch cable out of the way so the camera can see better. He's broken the mounting tabs of the front stay. It appears that the tabs are still bolted to the main frame. Since front stays are hard to come by used (people break them regularly) If you don't want to buy new this one would be a good candiate for a welder. Tig would be your best solution (prettiest) but anyone with a aluminum set-up Mig can do the job. After that you can sand it smooth again if you'd like and a gloss black rattle can paint job and it will work and look decent for you.

Oh and those rearsets are after market can't seem to figure out which brand from the pic but there should be some identification somewhere on them to obtain the matched replacement parts. Otherwise you will need stock OEM for both sides so they are matched.

I will probably have my local shop order me the new front stay if i cant find somebody to weld it. Unfortunately I dont have the bike at my house or i could tell you what brand the rearset is. I already ordered the rearset and oil pump cover as well as the ignition switch assembly. Chief: I was looking for help with a parts list, and another quick question, what is the plastic piece that goes between the rear sub frame and the rear wheel? I will be needing one of those also.

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
I will probably have my local shop order me the new front stay if i cant find somebody to weld it. Unfortunately I dont have the bike at my house or i could tell you what brand the rearset is. I already ordered the rearset and oil pump cover as well as the ignition switch assembly. Chief: I was looking for help with a parts list, and another quick question, what is the plastic piece that goes between the rear sub frame and the rear wheel? I will be needing one of those also.
The rear hugger? The little fender over the rear tire?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
actually Chief I dont think thats what I was talking about. Just searched ebay for that and want I am looking for is the plastic piece that goes directly under the rear sub frame that would protect from water getting into my trunk space and electrical stuff back there. Thanks again

1 - 16 of 16 Posts