Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Ri6e fast.
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all a BIG SHOUTOUT to R6forum.com member "toysareforboys" for coming down in person and performing the flash in front of my own eyes, (I dont trust our postal carriers with my ECM in the mail) I had lots of questions during the initial flashing process which were answered every step of the way. Which led to me having the quickshifter added for when I make the change over after hearing a quick run thru the gears via a specific "R1" ;)

I would recommend to anyone who has been thinking about getting a flash done on their bike 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IF done by the same person(s) that I had mine flashed on. AFTER getting on the bike; still haven't had it out past 1 gear as I am still working on the body etc....I couldn't believe the power it had down below now and near idle HOLY FU*[email protected] SH*^!!!!!!!!!!

-TRACK PLEASE....

·
Ow ,NuckenFuts
1,075 Posts
How does this compare to the Bauce flash? Sorry for the old thread bump

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Most of these tuners spend hours and hours and hours and then more hours tuning and getting to know the bike(s) & software. Im sure its a good solid flash as the op suggested.... However, I personally run a Bauce flash, and I wouldn't ride without it. Anthony is only a short ride away from my home and I love chilling at the shop. Like the op's tuner, Anthony had a answer and then some for every question I threw at him, and he has a map for that..hahaaa
Thair is allot of good tunners or thare, just find one you trust and go fir it.

"It just doesn't matter"

·
Drop a gear and disappear
112 Posts
Jamie is the man... Like you said, he has an answer for everything and is just an all around cool dude. He did a flash for me in person as well, couldn't be happier. Gives you a whole new bike, now go enjoy it!!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Name the ways you tried to get ahold of me! PM? Nope. E-mail? Nope. Text? Nope.

Try harder.

-Jamie M.
Glad to see you're still around! You helped me immensely when I bought my flash tune harness. I'm happy to report that I still have the old harness, it hasn't been bricked, and I'm still flashing away. I've done about a dozen flashes for local racers over the last couple of years and have even done some street guy's ECUs. It's amazing what the software can do with a little tweaking an patience. Anyways, I know its been a while but the point of this was to say thank you! :)

·
Two Bro's=ORGASM *nohomo*
3,309 Posts
Glad to see you're still around! You helped me immensely when I bought my flash tune harness. I'm happy to report that I still have the old harness, it hasn't been bricked, and I'm still flashing away. I've done about a dozen flashes for local racers over the last couple of years and have even done some street guy's ECUs. It's amazing what the software can do with a little tweaking an patience. Anyways, I know its been a while but the point of this was to say thank you! :)
You're welcome. Glad you're putting the knowledge to good use!

I've come so close to bricking mine a few times. Laptop accidentally hopped on McDonads free wifi when I wasn't looking, clicked the wrong icon to open the software "DOWNLOADING UPDATE" nooooooo! Flipped the laptop over and popped the battery out. Guy I was flashing said my face turned white :)

My 09+ R1 gold box and 06+ R6 gold box still kickin butt. 431 bikes flashed so far. Getting lots of calls for 2015+ R1/2016+ R6 so might have to get a second laptop with the new software/hardware for those peeps. Love being able to set my own price though, I dun need anyone telling me what I should charge :D

-Jamie M.

·
Registered
32 Posts
For anyone wondering about how this ECU flash affects reliability...

I had Jamie flash my ECU about 3 years ago. I've since put on about 30,000km's and multiple track days. I also recently adjusted my valves and quite a few of the exhaust valves were slightly out of spec. However, there's no way to know that the ECU flash accelerated wear. The adjustment was made at the scheduled mileage Yamaha recommends.

What I will say however, this flash improves the performance of the R6 tremendously. I had quite a rough idle after the flash but I was able to correct it by adjusting the throttle bodies. The rough idle wasn't really related to the flash; more so the straight thru exhaust. I also experienced slightly rough mid-throttle response about 5000km's after the flash but changing spark plugs eliminated that entirely.

I've sent quite a few buddies to Jamie and am confident in his abilities. I'm looking forward to getting a quickshifter installed this season but have yet to decide if I want to commit to reverse shift...

On a side note, Jamie, have you been able to find anything regarding a pit limiter? Not only does it sound amazing, but I could also see using it as a launch control (maybe wiring the horn to the pit limiter)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts