Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Flashed ECU by SBU - $90 + Shipping

First of all, performance mods take some "play-time" to really notice, so this will be a comprehensive review on my Flashed ECU with Super Bike Unlimited (SBU).

I got my ECU flashed by Super Bike Unlimited. I gave them all the specs/information on my bike, a 2006 Yamaha R6, and has a pleasant experience.

MY SPECS:
- 06' Yamaha R6
- 05' R6S Header Mod (Eliminated Cat)
- BMC Air Intake
- Removed EXUP
- 91 Octane here in CA
- Minor mods for a daily commuter
- Sealed EGR

MY ISSUES:
I had issues on cold-startups with the bike dying, and basically would require that I add a slight pull on the throttle to keep the bike alive until reaching adequate operating temp (150-160º). It was never a major issue, just very annoying especially if I had somewhere to be.

I also noticed as opposed to having a smooth ascending powerband, my R6 would have a huge spike in power around 8,000rpms. Very thrilling, but there was a lack of control.

MY EXPERIENCE:
I received my Flashed ECU a few days after sending it out, and literally received it sooner than I expected. I installed the ECU onto the bike ASAP and instantly noticed a difference before riding. The bike was idling a lot smoother than before, and a bit higher, which is what I had requested. Every once and a while I'd still need to feed a little throttle during warmup like before, but this was a vast improvement and I might have to check for any vacuum leaks from sealing my EGR.

Upon riding the bike, this sh** was absolutely amazing. It literally felt like a new bike. The powerband was very smooth. The throttle delivers the power smoothly, but extremely fast. The bike definitely feels faster than before, and the smoothness of the throttle really contributes to the overall throttle control. With the extra throttle control, turning/leaning has gotten much more smoother as well.

MY CONCLUSION:
Flashing your ECU with SBU is the best bang for the buck. I'm sure you know how much other companies charge for the same service. Thanks.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
All that and no price?

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
I dont have an R6, so there is no need for me to thank you. ;)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL bastard. I give up.

They don't ONLY Flash R6 ECU's so if you're in the market for getting it done on whatever you ride, I would at least inquire about it.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
LOL bastard. I give up.

They don't ONLY Flash R6 ECU's so if you're in the market for getting it done on whatever you ride, I would at least inquire about it.
I have a guy I use for mods. I am very happy with his results. Good to know though, carry on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts