Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Ride Free
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright, i have a 2008 yamaha r6 50th anny. last summer i installed the scorpio security system, i ended up frying my ecu but thats now all good. after i got a new ecu the flashers had still worked. after a few months, even over the winter, the flashers started to not work when i would switch the turn signals. now they dont even work at all. however, whenever i lock and unlock my motorcycle, the turn signals flash. would the flasher relay cause them to not work with the switch, or is it a bad connection inside the hand switch? any suggestions will help. thanks everyone!

·
I said biiiiiiiitch.....
528 Posts
I'm assuming when you say "flashers", you mean 4 ways? Do your left/right turn signals still work? If so it's probably an issue with the switch. If not, I'd check for lose wiring.

·
Ride Free
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm assuming when you say "flashers", you mean 4 ways? Do your left/right turn signals still work? If so it's probably an issue with the switch. If not, I'd check for lose wiring.
im talking about the turn signals. my bike doesnt have hazards. all other wiring looks fine. if the relay gets fried will, could the alarm system fry the relay and still be able to provide power to the signal lights, but pull enough power to not allow the switches to work? i ordered a TST flasher relay, im hoping thatll work.

·
I said biiiiiiiitch.....
528 Posts
im talking about the turn signals. my bike doesnt have hazards. all other wiring looks fine. if the relay gets fried will, could the alarm system fry the relay and still be able to provide power to the signal lights, but pull enough power to not allow the switches to work? i ordered a TST flasher relay, im hoping thatll work.
It sounds like there is a problem with the turn signal circuit. The alarm provides it's own power to the lights and only uses their existing ground. If they still work, I'm inclined to say the ground side of your turn signal circuit is fine, they're just not getting power when you use the switch on the handlebar. Probably a loose wire somewhere. Grab the wiring diagram from the service manual and start tracing. Check the plug on the flasher too.

·
Ride Free
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It sounds like there is a problem with the turn signal circuit. The alarm provides it's own power to the lights and only uses their existing ground. If they still work, I'm inclined to say the ground side of your turn signal circuit is fine, they're just not getting power when you use the switch on the handlebar. Probably a loose wire somewhere. Grab the wiring diagram from the service manual and start tracing. Check the plug on the flasher too.
ill check it out. i have unplugged and plugged the stock relay and that hasnt changed anything. ill be trying the TST relay tomorrow, if that doesnt work ill look at the wiring

·
Ride Free
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so i fixed the issue. as it turns out i didnt need the TST relay, but hey now i have it lol it was actually the connector going into the relay. somehow, no idea how this couldve happened because no one else besides me has done any kind of electrical work on my bike, the wires going into the female connector, that plugs into the relay, got switched. so the outside wire was on the wrong side and was not making any connections. so problem fixed. thank you @spray____ for all the help!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts