Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Custom User Title
4,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, one of my best friends recently passed away last week and he always said my bike should be flat-black. i'm considering a paint job in memory of him. i want to see a photoshopped pic of my bike with the correct color scheme so i can decide whether or not to do it. can anyone photoshop me a pic? if so the pic is below..... i need the bike flat-black with fluorescent yellow *rossi* colored rims. and the words YAMAHA on the bottom also the fluorescent yellow.
i'm thinkin about leaving the white stripe on the bike but turn the silver strip fluorescent yellow. can someone please help? :popcorn:

·
Who eats a motorcycle?
3,096 Posts
sorry to hear about your buddy. That sounds like a nice thing to do in his memory too!
My experience with flat black is that you MUST make sure the other components (ie: rims, decals, little details) are perfect and looking top notch or else the flat black will just look crappy and cheap.
It can be done and look amazing though, so just put the right attention in the right places is what im saying I guess.
good luck with it

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
sorry for the loss man...

I'll start on it when i get back from class...unless someone beats me to it that is

·
soooooo sweet
354 Posts
First let me say my condolences! Secondly I do not want this to come off as harsh in any manner.

If you are wanting to go flat black as a Tribute to your friend it shouldnt matter "if you'd like it." A gesture like that should be done purely as an act towards the other person and purely selfless. That make sense? I know its your bike and all but maybe you need another way as a tribute if you're not really willing to go full out and go flat black no matter what. G/L in your decision.

·
Custom User Title
4,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i understand where your coming from superstar, but i just wanted to see what the bike would look like. i'm the one wanting the yellow rims. i wanted to see what the yellow with the black would look like compared to the all black. and also, the flat black was Bryans idea, that doesnt mean it would look good in my eyes. so if i think it looks fuggly, i'll have to go with some other tribute.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Either way, whichever you choose, I would suggest taking it to a professional and paying some money to get it done. Flat black seems easy enough, but it also highlights alot of imperfections in anything. A rattle can flat black paint job will look like decent on a race bike, it will look like absolute diarrhea on a street bike. I think it would look awesome if done right though. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
sorry for your loss man.
i remember seeing an all flat black r6 here in forums a while back. it didn't have any stickers on it. but it did look really nice, somwhat ravenish. im sure someone knows which bike im talking about and can show you a picture.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
we painted my friends f3 flat black with rattle cans...it looks alright, but nowhere close to how good your bike looks right now..

i wouldnt do it..maybe buy some race plastics and paint those flat black

·
Custom User Title
4,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it looks alright, but nowhere close to how good your bike looks right now..

i wouldnt do it..maybe buy some race plastics and paint those flat black
so what about fuorescent yellow rims on my bike the way it is now? would you do anything to the way my bike is now to bring out that last little bit of "pop"?

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
so what about fuorescent yellow rims on my bike the way it is now? would you do anything to the way my bike is now to bring out that last little bit of "pop"?
Hmm..yellow would be different. i think i would like it

a few other options would be to maybe have your wheels fade from yellow to black. inside black outside yellow. if that makes sense? like the outer rim is yellow, but the farther you go up the spokes, it starts to turn black?

if all else fails, yellow rimstripes! lol

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Well, I'm not photoshop skilled, so I won't butcher your pictures. Sorry to hear about your friend. Painting your bike in memory of him is awesome! :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry about your freind... i think doing the flat black in memory is awesome... plus the flat black looks so sick anyways imo... good luck and i cant wait to see it photoshopped with the yellow rims

·
one goal.one vision
311 Posts
im sorry about your loss..very cool that your doing or want to do something in his memory...i say go with flat black..sorry lunchbox but there is a difference in rattle can and a semi prof or prof job...yellow rims would probably work..im not sure about doing all that stuff with the graphics though

1 - 16 of 16 Posts