02 eliminator

I’ve tried different base maps and keep getting flat spots around 4-5k rpm
Also sometimes around 8k
I’ve also removed the pcv and still have the flat spot around 4-5k

I have changed spark plugs
Tested coils
Tested TPS
All is in spec
I’ve also tried a full zero map with target afr put in for all gears for the autotune to do its thing and still these flat spots happen

Any help would be appreciated thank you!

·
Registered
2,408 Posts

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,049 Posts
I can't say I notice a difference without the cables hooked up. It does kinda stumble if I goose it at 2k or less. I might hook up my cables to test that idle torque bog theory.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
There's some tuning that goes along with it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can’t have the EXUP on with my full system can I? Do you think this could be fixed by getting my ecu flashed? Or looking at my map in the spots that the rpm hesitate and adding fuel manually? Cheers

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Don't know. People who don't have a need for EXUP spend all their time at higher RPM on the race track. Aftermarket exhaust parts are generally aimed at racers.

Professional tune on dyno is probably the closest you'll get to the stable reliability and consistency of stock tune. You can roll your own tune but have to be willing to replace seat time with a dedication toward tweaking & maintenance.

After thousands of miles of performance monitoring, looking at plugs, and playing with running temp, personally will be taking a little fuel out of my stock tune. Adjusting Air & Fuel Mix

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,049 Posts
Ok with the exup hooked up, it seems to have a different exhaust note and possibly a bit more responsive at idle to 4 or 5k range. But I wish I knew what rpm it's fully open at without a gopro I'll never know. As to the afr link, my year doesn't have diag mode since it is full obd2 compliant. 😂

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright thanks, I guess I’ll be looking to get it properly tuned at a dyno then if I can’t get it running right by myself worst thing about is when I’m just cruising around 4-5k it’s just spluttering constantly

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
It's normal for the engine to not, fire on all cylinders when it's not under enough load. Sounds horrible, but it's normal. Cruising behind cars can be painful; more especially those that are "gassing"... what I call it when they're feathering the pedal; trying to minimize fuel consumption. It feels like you're spending ten minutes rowing through gears LoL. OMG then they hit a baby hill and either slow down or quit accelerating....

Not mad at'em though. Not like I own the road...

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,049 Posts
If only I had rpgs.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
You can buy Role Playing Games at http... oh... wait... can't help ya with grenades. Don't know of any examples offhand, but there should be some RPGs in RPGs. Then again, is this GTA I've seen kids play, considered an RPG?

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,049 Posts
Grand theft auto? The only good one was 3... but that is 2005 for the win! I take it you weren't born in a quiet, quaint, sleepy fishing village dependant on tourism for the last 30 years? Rocket. Propelled. Grenades. If only......

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
It'll take some work. But it's doable.

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,049 Posts
SWEEEEEEEEEEEET! But will that kill my 55mpg?

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Yeah running from the law tends to have that impact.

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,049 Posts
I hear an ignition key delete helps with the expedited getaway.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts