Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have a carbed bike i highly recommend this mod. I have a 99. I got mine, and put it on last thursday and must say, WOW! It only took me a little over and hour to put on,(most of the time was on those damn ram air boots :cuss ) but the flo-commander itself was a cinch. If you're not familiar with what it does, it allows the main-air jets to all get air from the same spot. The problem with the bikes as they come is that the air jets get different amounts of air as they main air circut opens up, tis is accentuated by the ram air our bikes have. By them all getting air from the same spot, the carbs stay syncronized as they main air circut opens. As a result the response of the throttle is much smoother and quicker. I was amazed, it almost feels like a FI bike. There is certainly an increase in power too. So when people come here and ask what mods to do first, this will def be my number one. Check out their website:
http://www.flo-commander.com/
Steve is a really good guy, i called him back after i got mine installed and chatted with him a bit. He was telling me about some of the new stuff he's doing. His instructions are easy to follow and made it super easy to do. Just remember that once you do get done, more than likely your rear tire is cold.... luckily i didnt go down. :stupic

·
Registered
302 Posts
Sweet, glad to see this thread. This gives me more confidence in my futre mods, thanks for the review.

And I'm glad the customer service is good, that's huge too me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts