Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 02 R6, and yesterday when I go to start my bike up, i hit the engine on button and usually the bike clicks a few (4-6) times (as normal) but this time it clicked like 10-15 times and had trouble starting up when it finally stopped clicking. And then finally stall when it gets started. I "BELIEVE" that its the float thats not closing properly or stuck, and allowing to much gas. is there a way I can check this?? or another possible problem i could check?? thanks in advance

·
I ride bitches year round
1,834 Posts
I don't know anything about carbed bikes but generally a carb has a needle valve attached to the float and if the valve doesn't seat for whatever reason, the bowl will overflow and fuel will leak through the jet and flood the engine. Or usually the seal on the bowl isn't very good and you can see gas leaking out.

You can pop the bowl off and close the valve by moving the float up. Again this is non bike specific carb info.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
could you be more specific on where the "bowl" is exactly so I can try and determine what my problem is. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts