Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WideOpenSquirt made me aware of an officer that was killed in my town. Always so sad to see something like this. My prayers go out to his family and friends. Figured I'd share w/ everyone here...as you see in the video my area was VERY supportive of the whole ordeal...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe8YZPhKbV8

·
My R6 has returned!!
1,930 Posts
Glad to see the support! All too often the lives of those to dedicate themselves to protecting and serving others vanish with a whisper. It's nice to see it's not a blanket truth. Thanks for sharing!

·
GSXR Eater
754 Posts
yeah man thats terrible. sorry to hear that

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glad to see the support! All too often the lives of those to dedicate themselves to protecting and serving others vanish with a whisper. It's nice to see it's not a blanket truth. Thanks for sharing!
Ya, it's kind of amazing how close nit my area of florida really is, everyone is very patriotic and supportive of civil servicemembers. He will certainly be missed.

Story goes that it was a SWAT raid on a house of a 2X escaped mentally ill person. They swept the house and upon getting to the bedroom he was hiding under his bedcovers with a shotgun and the deputy was wounded in the neck by one of the pellets and I'm not sure if he died on scene or later. He was the first officer in, the cover, the shield. My friends mom is a sheriff and I know this is going to hit her hard...glad to see the support ya'll, thanks....

·
Vendor
7,805 Posts
Extremely sad :( I was a Deputy for 10 years and one of my best friends was killed on duty a few years ago. It's an extremely rough time for the family for sure. My prayers go out to them. Awesome to see the community support!

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
they get him though? tell me after he fired they lit him up. god, that pisses me off. (anger is easier to handle than sadness right now) i feel for his family and friends.

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
they get him though? tell me after he fired they lit him up. god, that pisses me off. (anger is easier to handle than sadness right now) i feel for his family and friends.
From what squirt told me the only identifiable part of the criminals face were his dental imprints, the criminal was dead probably near instantly after he fired upon the deputy.

and spiderman thanks for what you did as a law enforcement officer!:YEA:usa

·
R Sexiness
1,139 Posts
thoughts and prayers go out to his family

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
Godspeed Tony...I know he loved doing what he did, and i know he was on duty 24/7..it's sad to know that Tony is now off duty, rest in peace brother.

·
I have short legs :(
98 Posts
Tony was a for real down to earth cool guy...he was a pain in the ass to but hey.
I worked with him back when i was a bit younger...i have no clue how to count how many jokes we played on each other and how much good advice he has given me.

Good guy,good cop,hell of a prankster...he will definitely be missed.:(

·
Motorcycle Drive By
791 Posts
As much as I don't always like cops, or get annoyed with their antics it's still saddens me to see one go down and I don't even know him. Sounds like a great guy and he will be missed.

R.I.P Tony

·
Forum Moderator
3,117 Posts
My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. It's sad to see a fellow member of the LEO community pass on this way.

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for all the support everyone. All of us in NW Florida appreciate it...

·
I ride bitches year round
1,834 Posts
I don't pray but I would like to send a thank you to him for his service. Rest in peace, sir, and thank you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts