Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im installing some LP flush mount blinkers on the front, i have an 03 R6.
OK, first of all, getting the fairing off was harder than i thought. Question, is cutting of the fairing required to get these to fit? On the back of the fairing there is a big bracked indention and it looks as though it would prevent the flushmounst from fitting correctly. Second question, How the hell do i wire it? Do i need to cut the wires and solder them together?

thanks, any help will be greatly appreciated!
cole

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
well i cant answer the cuttin your faring part but the wiring i can help. first off does it have 2 or 3 wires. if only 2 you need to ask yourself do i want blinkers or runnin lights. if it has three then you can have both. as far as attachin them, you can butt connect but soldering them is always better, especially if you heat shrink them. if you have any mmore questions just ask :cheers

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well damn, that was a pain. I got one side done. Everytime i fixed one problem, another one would pop up. I ended up cutting the fairing, part of the intake to make room for the light, and a bunch of other stuff. I opted for blinkers and once i figured out how to connect the wires it was pretty easy. I am gonna finish up the otherside tomorrw and it should go a lot smoother now that i know how to do everything.

thanks for the help loki
cole

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
You cut your intake? I hope you mean your ram air duct and not your intake....

I can't imagine why you would have to cut up your bike to install flush mounts. Try to get some pics of your problem, and maybe we can come up with a solution for future knowledge.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i meant the ram air duct. After i figured it all out it wasnt too hard. Its all put back together now but i will work on getting some pictures.

cole

·
Registered
23 Posts
which flush mounts are they, IV's? if so what size? I want to get the small ones for my 03, but want to make sure they fit first.

And I definitely don't want to be cutting anything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts