Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was riding the canyons yesterday after work with a friend of mine. On our way back out, there was a big SUV in front of us, so we planned on going around it in the next clearing. My friend went around the right side in another lane, and I followed him. I got hit by a few pebbles, but nothing too bad. So I get home to wipe down my bike because it's covered with bugs. I see this one bug that just isn't coming off. I take a closer look and it turns out to be a fucking rock chip. Sonuvabitch.

A few days before that I went to the dealership to go look at a new set of riding gloves. It's a small dealership, so some of the bikes they're selling are outside in the lot, but the spaces for customers are clearly marked off. I park my bike next to these two cars in the lot. I go inside and take care of business. As I'm bullshitting with one of the salesmen, I see this guy looking at my bike. I'm thinking it's alright because shit, if I didn't have an r6, I'm sure I'd be gawking at an r6 too. This guy starts moving closer and closer to it. I'm starting to get nervous so I move toward the door. Then this guy starts touching my frame sliders with his greasy rat claws. I bust out of the dealership and start yelling at this nut job to get the hell off my bike. The ****** apologizes and squirms away. Now I'm paranoid as hell of people touching my bike. Look but don't touch you bastards.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Ed said:
Then this guy starts touching my frame sliders with his greasy rat claws. I bust out of the dealership and start yelling at this nut job to get the hell off my bike. Look but don't touch you bastards.
Ya, i hate leaving my bike anywhere, usually if my buddy and i stop to eat mid-day we'll park and get a seat next to the window where our bikes are. besides, my buddy is of pretty generous proportions (think 6'3" 230lbs) so most people move away when he stands up and gives them the evil eye when near our bikes.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Ed said:
A few days before that I went to the dealership to go look at a new set of riding gloves. It's a small dealership, so some of the bikes they're selling are outside in the lot, but the spaces for customers are clearly marked off. I park my bike next to these two cars in the lot. I go inside and take care of business. As I'm bullshitting with one of the salesmen, I see this guy looking at my bike. I'm thinking it's alright because shit, if I didn't have an r6, I'm sure I'd be gawking at an r6 too. This guy starts moving closer and closer to it. I'm starting to get nervous so I move toward the door. Then this guy starts touching my frame sliders with his greasy rat claws. I bust out of the dealership and start yelling at this nut job to get the hell off my bike. The ****** apologizes and squirms away. Now I'm paranoid as hell of people touching my bike. Look but don't touch you bastards.
hah! that was great. :hump

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
Ed said:
Then this guy starts touching my frame sliders with his greasy rat claws.
The best part! :lmao

I can't stand when people want to sit on it.. I'm like "no fucing way!" If it gets messed up, I want to be the one that does it; then its my fault, and I could have done something the stop it.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Speaking of sitting on someone elses bike...

I live with a roomate who got a suzuki 750 the same day I got my r6, and our friend got a new r1. Well all 3 bikes were in the garage when some friends of my roomates were over. They went out to look at the bikes, so after I went to the bathroom I headed to the garage as well...

I caught one of the fucks getting off my bike. He didnt ask for permission, but since he just moved here from Germany, and rides himself, I cut him some slack and didnt say anything (crazy germans!)

Right after he gets off, the other friend who I know hops on my bike without asking me! I was stearing at him with a look of "get your sweaty nuts off my damn bike you bitch!" But since my roomate and my friend were letting them sit on their bikes I didnt want to look like the freak and counted to 10... thankfully he was off my bike by the time I reached 10.

Filthy non bike riding whores~ :hammer

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I feel bad yellin at people when they touch my sht but ****, i dont go around carressing the mirrors of their piece of shit pinto's......i feel your pain.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
trailer a generator around with you, and hook up some 220 volt current to your bike. That way when you come out of the bike shop, you can blow the charcoal away and get going. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
712 Posts
I was at a party the other day chilling in my buddy's garage when this filipino dude comes out of the house and see's four bikes just outside of the garage. Instead of jumping on my friends' gixxer600 or another friends' r1, he jumps on my six tilts it up and starts playing like a five year old (clutching, whacking the throttle back)...

Me and my buddy jump up yelling at this dude and he jumps off the bike talking shit like oh i was just messing around. The next thing i know my buddy who rides the r1 goes over to the dudes car and starts adjusting the mirrors, jumps inside and acts like he's driving and sure enough the filipino dude gets all butt hurt. So it was cool to dick around with our bikes but his shit is off limits...

Anyway, later that night he was still talking shit and ended up getting his ass beat by Mike(the r1 rider). I can't stand it when people mess with my bike or anyone else's bike.

·
Registered
524 Posts
The perimeter alarm on my bike works great for this. Thing starts chirping at people when they get close and wailing if they don't get away. People hear the first couple chirps and usually make a wide path around my bike. :cheers

Edit: I'll have to remember that about jumping in someone's car to give them a taste of their own medicine.. LOL

·
Registered
953 Posts
TexasR6 said:
trailer a generator around with you, and hook up some 220 volt current to your bike. That way when you come out of the bike shop, you can blow the charcoal away and get going. :mrgreen:

:hammer that's funning shit. my grandparents ride goldwings and they take a camping trailor and generator with them. LOL

·
Registered
257 Posts
same thing happened with me the other day. After riding for an hour, i stopped at a berts megamall to browse around, and after about 10 minutes of beating salesmen away, i come outside to see some butt muppet sitting on my 6. I walked straight towards him with a serious "im gonna kill you" face and he got up in 1.6 seconds. He started asking me about my pipes, so to get back at him, i was like " yea the pipes cool down in like 2 minutes so they are cool to touch. Idiot bought it and burned his hand. I was like "oops, maybe a little longer." and took off. Dumb newb.

·
Registered
409 Posts
people whop dont have nice shit or dont ride just dont seem to understand i have nice scratch on my tank from some dipshits beltbuckle ...oooohhhh i wish i was there to see it but on second thought if I did I dont think I'd be talking to you guys right now cuz I dont think they allow computers in jail

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
Ed said:
Was riding the canyons yesterday after work with a friend of mine. On our way back out, there was a big SUV in front of us, so we planned on going around it in the next clearing. My friend went around the right side in another lane, and I followed him. I got hit by a few pebbles, but nothing too bad. So I get home to wipe down my bike because it's covered with bugs. I see this one bug that just isn't coming off. I take a closer look and it turns out to be a fucking rock chip. Sonuvabitch.

i think your being a little too paranoid. as long as he aint tryin to get on it or messin with anything i dont mind. if hes just admiring somethin ill just walk up and talk to the man, i like to breed goodwill to other potential bikers out there, you never know you might end up ridin with him some day :cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
i just got my R6 and I haven't had any problems yet. But I know nobody didn't want to hop on my Kawai 500. Sometimes I didn't want to either.
But, I could understand how some dudes would want to feel the power between their legs. However, people should have some respect for other people property. I mean, I don't sit in someone's nice convertible if the top is down.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Nevermind, a buddy of mine has a CBR 600RR. He left it in his garage (garage was locked/alarmed) with the key in it. One of his other buddies got into the garage, started the bike and did a burnout with it !!!

If that would have been my bike I would have hung the guy by his nuts from the rafters !!!!

:cheers
AL

·
Registered
953 Posts
Jedi said:
i just got my R6 and I haven't had any problems yet. But I know nobody didn't want to hop on my Kawai 500. Sometimes I didn't want to either.

hahaha :lmao

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
R6#319 said:
Nevermind, a buddy of mine has a CBR 600RR. He left it in his garage (garage was locked/alarmed) with the key in it. One of his other buddies got into the garage, started the bike and did a burnout with it !!!

If that would have been my bike I would have hung the guy by his nuts from the rafters !!!!

:cheers
AL
ya hang the bastard by his nuts, i would have too :cuss

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
loki1313 said:
i think your being a little too paranoid. as long as he aint tryin to get on it or messin with anything i dont mind. if hes just admiring somethin ill just walk up and talk to the man, i like to breed goodwill to other potential bikers out there, you never know you might end up ridin with him some day :cheers
Man, I dug this post out from the grave. I don't know if I'm the only one noticing this, but you're becoming much more "moderator" like these days. What's up with that, man?

Hmm... or were you someone who went around getting all touchy feelly with the bike?

Well, to clarify, the guy wasn't touching it gingerly like it was fragile. The guy was manhandling it in a very uncomfortable way, know what I mean?

·
Registered
359 Posts
I hate when people touch my bike. I don't mind when people look but damn keeps the greasy hands on the bike. I just get done using some plexus and get a good shine and somebody puts there whole hand print on the tank and then thinks your being anal when you ask them not to touch

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I get nervous when I'm downtown at school cuz there's a shitload of people walking and they always wanted to touch my perty blue 6. I let em touch the hot pipe, that's about it. I don't understand how people can just go up and touch shit that aint theirs.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts