Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today began as any other day. Slept in got up and decided to take the raven to work. I warmed her up and slid my shoei rf-1000 out of its bag and put it on. I began to pull out of the driveway and a ****ing spider popped out of nowhere and was just inches from my nose inside the helmet on the visor lip for lack a better word. The visor was closed and the spider was trying to find somewhere to hide. I damn near dropped my bike trying to extract the little determined ****er. I opened the visor and he just tried to get back into the helmet into my hair. By this time I'm sure my neighbors were wondering what the hell I was dancing around for smacking at my head. I had gloves on and in panic mode could get my helmet strap off. I took off a glove and managed to get the helmet off. I smacked it on the top and the spider fell out. Not the end of story. He fell out but managed to hook a line back to the helmet which I shook vigourously while he tried to climb back up. Finally his line broke and I checked to make sure there were no more little bastards inside my brain bucket. I don't kill spiders because I believe they help with all the damn mosquitos around my pad. But as I was about to drive off I looked down and the damn spider was crawling up my shoe and almost up the pant leg. So I executed that ****er with one smack of a gloved hand which is what I should have done originally. Anyway check your helmets. I don't know what kind of spider it was ( brown w white markings), but it could have easily been a black widow or brown recluse which would ruin anyone's day. I'm just glad the ****er came out in the driveway and not on the highway and did not bite my face:lmao!

·
Custom User Title
4,556 Posts
dang bro, thats scary, i found a spider crawling on my bike by the brake reservoir and that scared the crap out of me. i cant imagine what it would've been like if it was in the helmet. thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
458 Posts
crazy. I prolly would have crashed spider suck ass

·
Registered
39 Posts
crazy little bastards.. i'm the same way about spiders.. they keep the mosquitos away and other random insects.. just when they get in the way is when they're a pain..

i had one of the hunter ones crawling on my chest one night while sleeping.. woke up tossed the thing off me.. grabbed a little empty nut can, caught it and went back to sleep.. in the morning let it go outside.. did i mention this thing was about 3" wide(including legs).. not something i really wanted to wake up to lol

·
iCrash
1,912 Posts
i had a bee fly in my helmet once and sting my cheek, that sucked...
where do u keep your helmet while storing it?
i dont leave mine in the garage for that reason....

·
Banned
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i had a bee fly in my helmet once and sting my cheek, that sucked...
where do u keep your helmet while storing it?
i dont leave mine in the garage for that reason....
I had my helmet in my room on a director chair in the bag! And had just worn it the night before. So I did not even think overnight that some little shitler would make it his pad for the night. :scared

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
that would probably scare the crap out of me. I've had a gecko in the helmet before and that was a bit odd.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i was just thinking about this today too, i usually stored my helmet in the garage but dont anymore after we found a black widow about a week ago, so now I check mine EVERYtime no matter where i put it

·
GSXR Eater
754 Posts
thats f'n crazy... i store mine on my wall in my room cuz it looks tight, but sh!t im gonna check from now on! lol but i can imagine what it would look like watching someone swatting arround on there bike. old people would be like " Damn kids on all there acid and pcp these days!" haha

·
I stall my R6
148 Posts
Ok, now I gotta check my helmet before I go riding today. :yuk:

·
Registered
124 Posts
ive had that happen before. Thankfully im not arachnophobic, Still i noticed the bastard after i had already left and almost hit a parked car cause it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
yea couple weeks ago i got hit in the chest by a bee riding and it managed to fly up into my helmet Via the chin area. and then ended up inside my visor and i had to rip it open mid highway traffic hahah

·
07 Charcoal Grey R6
760 Posts
I just happened to catch a black widow crawling into my alpine star boots. I keep them in the garage but now I stuff them. I also walked full on into a huge web one night w/ spider dead in the middle. I just wasn't looking but I ran into the middle of the yard frantically snatching off my shirt & clawing at my head. Embarrasing to say the least.

·
Banned
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ive had that happen before. Thankfully im not arachnophobic, Still i noticed the bastard after i had already left and almost hit a parked car cause it.
Imagine one of those camel spiders that are over there in the mideast in your helmet. shit i think one of those could prob wear the helmet. :nocontrol

·
Registered
448 Posts
Spiders dont scare me at all.....not that I like them but just not afraid of them....however I have been traped inside my helmet with a wasp, running about 45ish with traffic and I almost abandoned my bike. I was lucky enough to get the visor open and the wasp flew out before I crashed.....So I do know how you feel...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts