Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK folks, I?m starting a thread to handle lodging at the convention issues, so we don't jam up the convention thread http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214937.

The idea here is to post in this thread any questions concerning lodging. The lodging will be primarily at Fontana Lodge Website: www.fontanavillage.com and you can see the rates at Rates: CLICK HERE. WE do get Discount Rates, But you MUST tell them you are with the Yamaha R1 Forum Group
Phone number: 1-800-849-2258

One of the bigger reasons for this thread is a lot of us will be traveling solo or in small groups, but may still want to stay in the lodges so we are close to all the fun. Some of the best times are just hanging out as seen here http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204611

So, post away with lodging questions and answers! This is going to be a great time!

I am hoping to lock on a lodge, and will be looking for roomies to split the expenses. I don?t want to be outside of stumbling distance? I mean walking distance of all the fun

If you are looking for a roomie, or a room, or have space, post up in this thread. Let's please try to stay predominently on topic so we don't have folks going all over the place for lodging info.

Here is a link to the same thread on the R1 Forum...you guys may want to keep an eye on it too because most will be post up in it.
http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216535

Looking for a place:

BigpunR1 (R1-Forum; PM DanQ)

Room to let:

Para-327th (R1-Forum; PM DanQ)

Room to let, or looking for a place, PM DanQ.

·
Yamaha Blue in any color
3,251 Posts
:confused

:laugh

I was just trying to remember if I'd done that.

Just confirmed a 2 BR Hemlock so I'll be looking for people to fill it or take it if Scott's offer is still good.

Right now they still have:

3 Hemlocks
2 3 bed Azaeleas
4 2 bed Azaeleas

And a bunch of motel rooms and dogwoods

Remember folks... there's a TON of gathering and activity up on the hill, and the closer you are the less you'll miss!

(Thanks for the cross post Chad, I really thought I'd already done that!)

·
Yamaha Blue in any color
3,251 Posts
Updates for 12/09/2007

OK folks, this weeks updates from Ms. Tina (I really enjoy talking to those folks... so friendly and helpful):

5 Hotel rooms w/ 2 queen beds
18 rustic cabins
3 2 bedroom Azaelias (ac, cable, phone)
2 3 bedroom Azaelias (ac, cable, phone)
3 2 bedroom Hemlocks (ac, cable, phone)

and 2 3 bedroom Magnolias that will be available later in the week (18 June)

Also, don't forget that new to Fontana Village is a day spa, with licensed staff. So whether it's a little pampering for the other half, or some massage therapy for a rider who has been at it all day.

http://www.karingkarrs.com/ or 828-498-2090, or you can follow the link on the Fontana Village website.

Well... more in two weeks. Post your questions. I'm trying to consolidate the information from R1 and R6 Forums, so please forgive me if I leave something out.

·
Forum Moderator
3,105 Posts
I didn't think the cabins had phones in them. I can't remember seeing one for the past 4 years I've gone in the cabins and I'm talking about the nice Magnolias. Then again, it could be I was too busy riding to even notice. Deal's Gap will do this to the mind.

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Randy, the magnolias don't have phones...at least the ones I know about. Some of the other cabins do though.

·
Premium Member
18,792 Posts
gawarrior said:
Randy, the magnolias don't have phones...at least the ones I know about. Some of the other cabins do though.
Perhaps somebody should come into the 21 century and get a cell phone?:dunce:

·
Yamaha Blue in any color
3,251 Posts
Paytheon said:
A cell phone at Fontana or Deals Gap. :D

Sadly... once we are in between those mountains, cell phones are a no no. :nono A couple of people reported getting a bar or two, or even connecting at the Overlook, but cell phone reception out there is scarce.

Randy: I think the Magnolia's don't have phones, as Chad said. When I call after Christmas I will specifically check that, because I've had a couple PMs specifically on phones and cable. I'm more worried about A/C. Don't want to drop at Fontana Dam during the group photo again. That was embarrassing :eek5

·
Yamaha Blue in any color
3,251 Posts
Hopefully everyone has gotten through the holidays well, got everything they wanted from Santa, had a great New Year, and is ready to start the planning for what is no doubt going to be a fantastic Convention at Deals Gap!

I'm calling tomorrow, and in addition to the availability, I'll be checking on the presence of phones in what types of lodging.

If anyone can think of anything they want to know between now and noon eastern standard time on the 5th, post it here or PM me (posting here is better, it may spark other questions). I'll be calling about 1 PM tomorrow to check on things since I have not done so in a couple of weeks.

Take care...

·
Forum Moderator
3,105 Posts
Paytheon said:
:hehe :hehe :hehe Like Dan said. Actually, I think it's because Cell Towers can't be put on National Forrest Land which is located all around the area. James, Don't worry. On most of the rides we do you usually end up say in Robbinsville, NC or Tellico Plains, TN {from the Skyway} where you get full cell service.

·
Yamaha Blue in any color
3,251 Posts
Looking for a place

Hey folks,

Rrwing (Nick) will be looking for a place to stay during the whole week. So if you have a cabin for the week or know of one, PM Rrwing or myself (so I can edit this post). One person, arriving at the beginning of the week and staying until Saturday.

This will be cross posted on the R1-Forum.

Anyone else? Looking for a place or roommates to share the expenses, post up.

·
Yamaha Blue in any color
3,251 Posts
Skeeter said:
:hehe :hehe :hehe Like Dan said. Actually, I think it's because Cell Towers can't be put on National Forrest Land which is located all around the area. James, Don't worry. On most of the rides we do you usually end up say in Robbinsville, NC or Tellico Plains, TN {from the Skyway} where you get full cell service.
That was the reason I've been given, Randy. Can't put the towers in the National Forrest.

But I'll have more information tomorrow. They didn't have answers to some of my questions today, but will tomorrow. Renevations are ongiong, and cabins that didn't have phones will be getting them.

Sorry for the delay...

·
Yamaha Blue in any color
3,251 Posts
Just got off the phone with Ms. Lacy from Fontana. These are the availabilities:

18 rustic cabins (no phone, ac, etc)
4 2 bedroom Azaelias (ac, cable, phone)
3 2 bedroom Hemlocks (ac, cable, NO phone)

There are ongoing renevations, but they don't include adding phones to cabins that do not have them.

They have pay phones and house phones (use calling cards) in the lobby. And as we all know... cell phones don't work in too many areas.

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
DanQ said:
Just got off the phone with Ms. Lacy from Fontana. These are the availabilities:

18 rustic cabins (no phone, ac, etc)
4 2 bedroom Azaelias (ac, cable, phone)
3 2 bedroom Hemlocks (ac, cable, NO phone)

There are ongoing renevations, but they don't include adding phones to cabins that do not have them.

They have pay phones and house phones (use calling cards) in the lobby. And as we all know... cell phones don't work in too many areas.
get them booked guys!

And I am sure that is what they have allotted for us. You better grab up something otherwise when our allotment is gone that other cabins at Fontana that time of the year go very fast and very early.

·
Man I OWNED that wheelie!
324 Posts
Well looks like I'll need to crash someone's room for the convention, atleast Wednesday through Saturday. I think i'm gonna try to ride the whole way from Birmingham, al, so wednesday is probably the earliest I'll be able to make it. This is my first time to the convention, ya'll do it big! :) If anyone has an available bed (preferably unoccupied, or atleast occupied by a female brunnette. I don't mind married women, it makes things so much easier. ) :lmao let me know.

About me: 21, white male, Alabama. NOT a newbie rider, just new to the forum. I'd prefer to room with some young folks, but I'm not picky ;)

·
Yamaha Blue in any color
3,251 Posts
crazywolf450r said:
Well looks like I'll need to crash someone's room for the convention, atleast Wednesday through Saturday. I think i'm gonna try to ride the whole way from Birmingham, al, so wednesday is probably the earliest I'll be able to make it. This is my first time to the convention, ya'll do it big! :) If anyone has an available bed, let me know.

About me: 21, white male, Alabama. NOT a newbie rider, just new to the forum. I'd prefer to room with some young folks, but I'm not picky ;)
There are several people watching this thread, and there is a corresponding thread on the R1 Forum. I am running a list on the first post on the R1 Forum, but I can't edit the first post here. But we are looking. We should hopefully match you up with a place to stay soon. I will PM you and post in this thread that you are covered when we get you a place.

·
Yamaha Blue in any color
3,251 Posts
Skeeter said:
Dan, what do you need edited? Let me know and I'll take care of it.
I've been editing the first post in the other Forum to show who is looking, or who has availability. Right now the list may be empty again pending Kevap contacting crazywolf450r.

But, as we get names or vacancies, I'd like to post them in the first post. Probably could just have Chad do it once a week.

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
DanQ said:
I've been editing the first post in the other Forum to show who is looking, or who has availability. Right now the list may be empty again pending Kevap contacting crazywolf450r.

But, as we get names or vacancies, I'd like to post them in the first post. Probably could just have Chad do it once a week.
I'll be glad to. Just give a list of what you want on it once a week and I will update it.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts