Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where do you guys place your feet, or I guess what position while riding, I seem to have gotten in the habit to ride on my toes. Like keep my toes on the pegs, this gives me more room to slide back in the seat and seems more stable. Anybody else do this, If I have the foot midway onto the peg my seating position is way off and i'm always up against the tank, im 6'1 long legs....any thoughts?

·
Hate the 405
928 Posts
im 6'3, i do the same on my toas, because its easier to position urself on the seat, easier to move, and if you have to get ur arse off the seat. I see some people have their heel on the pegs, i tried it but it just does not feel stable. Also on the freeway i like to have my arse off the seat so i dont get as much vibration, so i am not 100% on the seat, instead keep my arse off the seat by supporting myself on my legs.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah the only thing is when i have to shift i pretty much have to sit back up onto the bike to get my foot under the shifter...are you having any issues there? so what im saying is when im fully tucked i cant get my foot under the shifter.

·
Dragging Knee
1,604 Posts
The proper technique for riding is your supposed to be on your toes close to the balls of your feet. This way you can more easily maneuver your bike and your feet don't get between you and the ground.

·
Registered
293 Posts
does that mean whenever you need to shift you need to move your ball of foot forward to shift then back to pegs again? this is a pain specially in city riding.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well around city im fine because i dont tuck then...so i can still ride with toes on peg and shift when i need to...its just when i go tuck.

·
Dragging Knee
1,604 Posts
jeff_o said:
does that mean whenever you need to shift you need to move your ball of foot forward to shift then back to pegs again? this is a pain specially in city riding.
City riding is a bit different than canyon carving or the track. As the positioning for the track and canyons keeps you from accidently putting control inputs in mid corner as well as getting your feet caught between the bike and the ground and allows for quick transitions.

For me it has become a habit to have my toes on the pegs and I don't think about anymore. Sometimes you may need to modify this riding style when in heavy traffic.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cool thanks mojo..I will see if i can raise up my shifter lever so i dont have to bend my foot down so much to get under it but just slide it forward

·
Dragging Knee
1,604 Posts
yeah you might need to get adjustable rearsets to get your feet comfortable and able to get your shifter in the right position for you. There really is no way to adjust the stock rearsets.

I do have to move my feet down a lot more when I am not wearing full race boots. But the rearsets for me are just about right with race boots on. What are you wearing boot wise while riding?

·
Hate the 405
928 Posts
ya maple, when tucked in its kinda of tricky to get my foot under the shifter, my foot size is 13, but im always on the balls of my feet. i dont really go under it to shift it, i kind of slide it up from the side, its easier if you have proper boots.

·
im back
2,804 Posts
if ur draggin' knee then put the "ball" of your foot on the pegs...if youre just riding normal streets, then whatever ur comfortable with

1 - 14 of 14 Posts