Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Styling
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, first off let me start by saying that I recently purchased a 2004 R6 this past summer around June and really am just a novice rider. It took some convincing by my brother who own a 2002 R6 and and a friend who drives a Harley Sportster to purchase one. I haven't rode a street bike before, but have always rode quads dirt bikes etc. I now am addicted to the open road and just cruising along with friends and having a good time. It's a good way to get out and enjoy life and also learn self discipline and respect not to mention comradeship with other riders. Plus weather you buy a R6 or some other brand there are tons of forums just like this one, with information and fellow riders readily available to help you out with whatever problem your having. So my advice to you is to just buy one and experience it for yourself.

Just something I would contribute to those one the fence about buying a bike.

·
Styling
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank You, i've been a member here since I bought the bike and enjoy it. The reason I posted this was because sometimes i'll meet people that come to look at the bike when i stop for gas or eat etc. and I have heard over and over "I'm not sure I would like riding and owning my own bike"

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
Gotta take into account that a motorcycle isn't for everyone. I mean, if someone's having enough problems driving a car, they have no reason to be behind a bike.

BUT, for those that are meant to be in a bike, its a great feeling especially when your riding in some twisty roads.

·
My R6 eats you.
7,563 Posts
We’ll Weather the Weather Whatever the Weather, Whether We Like It or Not.

·
SpeedFreak
106 Posts
Gotta take into account that a motorcycle isn't for everyone. I mean, if someone's having enough problems driving a car, they have no reason to be behind a bike.

BUT, for those that are meant to be in a bike, its a great feeling especially when your riding in some twisty roads.
Well put!!!

·
I like bbq sauce on my R6
2,146 Posts
good post and second your thoughts. other n00bs can take note that this is how you start yourself out on a forum. not by complaining about 70* being too cold to ride in.

·
Rocketship
83 Posts
Welcome to the forums... Congrats on the bike.. welcome to the club... Ride safe.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts