Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do you put your women in? I'm gettin ready to outfit my girl, tryin not to break the bank, but need to protect her. We only ride here around town (30mph limits) so i think textile might be sufficient. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
112 Posts
For me saftey is number one. I would say get a decent helmet, like a flip-up. Something that wont ruin her hair too much. A textile jacket would probably be fine. My lady rides with a normal leather jacket unless it's hot out, then she wears her denim jacket. I also make sure she is wearing decent shoes and pants. No skirts or shorts and sandals. I know if she gets so much as a scratch on those nice legs I aint gettin any!

Rubber side down!

·
Registered
144 Posts
My girl loves the corners and speed. She is so easy to ride with. Moves very well on the back. She wears an AlpineStars Hero Leather Jacket. But for riding around town a textile jacket would be fine. Just make sure she has a good helmet. No $50 cheapy.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Do what I did with my fiance. Take her riding then she goes out and buys her own bike. She got her on Jacket (Blaster) Helmet(duhamel rf900) and her own bike (r6). Next she hlep starts the first woman club in this area. Tells me I have to get a solo seat and ask when were going riding together. Guess my wish came true. :bow

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, i got her a solid HJC helmet last year, just not riskin her skin anymore and was lookin for suggestions

·
Registered
953 Posts
i'd say don' t put her in anything you wouldn't she'll hit the ground just as hard as you.

·
Registered
836 Posts
On trips, I would have my wife wear my 1-pc textile suit, and I would wear my crappy 2nd set of gear. She had her own Shoei helmet, and full gauntlet gloves. As well as a good sturdy pair of over-the-ankle leather boots.

Around town, we used to ride in jeans and textile jackets. Usually wearing hiking boots. Always gloves.

Seeing as how I don't ride on the street anymore... I don't think I would want my wife on the back unless she was wearing full leathers, and a good back protector. Motorcycle specific boots, and race gloves. If she had her own street-bike, I would expect that she would be geared up for every ride.

·
Registered
182 Posts
None. My wife made it plain in clear that she wants nothing to do with bike.

That leaves the back seat free for other chic :hammer ... JUST KIDDING

·
Registered
76 Posts
I just don't ride my wife, that's my sanctuary. you young ones will figure that out someday !

Besides she's worried about making our kids orphans if something were to happen to both of us, If it's just me she has a heafty life ins plan.

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
Cheng said:
None. My wife made it plain in clear that she wants nothing to do with bike.
My wife seconds that motion.

If she some day decided to go riding with me, I would want to get her a full leather suit. If we were only going to ride in 30 MHP, I might go w/ a full leather just incase she says " lets go to the other town, blah blah blah...etc..." I wouldn't want anything to happen to her, so the more protection I could afford for her the better. :hump

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
to make things fair. what would you wear? nothing but the best leather, well i say she should be wearing the same. for me i got her the leather jacket, gloves and helmet. i dumped over $500 in her riding gear. i figure she could buy the boots and pants.

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
Mr6er said:
I just don't ride my wife, that's my sanctuary. you young ones will figure that out someday !

Besides she's worried about making our kids orphans if something were to happen to both of us, If it's just me she has a heafty life ins plan.
well if you dont ride your wife wheres the kids come from. :mrgreen:

well if i had a chic to ride id make her wear gear as good or better then mine.

·
Registered
273 Posts
My fiancee wears the leather Fieldsheer Carbon Fang with GP armor for usual rides with Alpinestars for women - full gauntlet, Sidi Vertebre2 boots and Arai Astral. Recently she just bought us a HIS and HERS Suomy Spec-1R each 1/2 off from a local dealer (KILLER DEAL!!!). For crusing around she usually wear the textile Fieldsheer Mach 1 jacket and jeans with Tims and the Astars gloves.

Leter this year she gets my R6 and I get another bike soon...looking at a reasonably priced R1 02 or 03 or a (GASP!) Suzuki TL1000S!

·
Registered
270 Posts
My wife doesn't like my bike whatsoever. That's why I sold my first bike (Kawi EX500) in the first place--when we got hitched!

Anyways, she's warming up a bit. She can now look at the Sixxy without the evil sneer accompanying it. For her birthday, I plan to get her a full leather suit!! I know she'll like it!

Even if she doesn't, i can always return /exchange it for the AGV Rossi 500 helmet I've always wanted!! :hammer

·
Registered
712 Posts
When i ride with friends in the mountains or freeways, i wear a joe rocket full leather suit with my new KBC helmet, gloves etc. around town it's usually jeans my boots and a textile jacket. I wouldn't put my girl on the back of the bike without her wearing anything that wasn't better than what i had on myself, if that means full leathers and $1000 dollars drawn out of the bank....so be it, she's worth it and not putting one scratch on that prettty body!

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
I must say that you gentlemen impress me. I figured half the responses would be "**** the women......" but much to my great pleasure, everyone wants to put their women into finer gear than they would wear. Great thing to see!

besides, who else is gonna give the lot of you any pussy if your girlfriend or wife gets hurt! :laugh :hehe

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
penfold said:
I must say that you gentlemen impress me. I figured half the responses would be "**** the women......" but much to my great pleasure, everyone wants to put their women into finer gear than they would wear. Great thing to see!

besides, who else is gonna give the lot of you any pussy if your girlfriend or wife gets hurt! :laugh :hehe
well i know yours wouldnt if you let her get hurt.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts