Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
I can ban you
33,574 Posts
Didn't read it... but being that I've always thought Paul shirley was gay... his entire post is gay.

Probably one of the most R-tarded things I have ever read... this man should burn
"Shouldn’t much of the responsibility for the disaster lie with the victims of that disaster?"

·
Inferno Red on White
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im not saying he is entirely correct, but atleast 95% of it is. And calling him "gay" certainly does say much for your maturity now does it.

·
RIDE, SURF, L )VE
12,698 Posts
idiotic...im not supporting the relief for haiti monetarily because i believe that we have needs here that are not addressed. i do not, however, see any reason for saying "why didn't they prepare better." people inhabit the earth along fault lines and near volcanoes. they live in places with mud slides and flooding.

given the economic situation in haiti (due to its corrupt government, not the citizens), these people cannot afford to just move somewhere else. that's the vicious circle of poverty, and it goes on here in America just the same.

in the end...this is just your attempt at continuing with what you had said you were done discussing. you are 21, you don't know nearly as much as you think you do. just know that

·
I can ban you
33,574 Posts
im not saying he is entirely correct, but atleast 95% of it is. And calling him "gay" certainly does say much for your maturity now does it.
LOL... you don't know me... Looking mature is probably one of the last things I care about especially on the internet...

I'm just saying what I thought you posted this on here for everyone to see... and you are probably gonna get responses on both sides of the spectrum... Now when i see that this loser is blaming an impoverished country for not being able to stop an Act of God.. now that is just plain stupid... and deserves the "gay" title I gave him

·
Inferno Red on White
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know that its survival of the fittest. I dont blame the people of haiti in any way, but I dont know how our government can justify the money we gave to them when we are beyond in trouble in our own country. I know enough to have an opinion. sorry im not 45. And even if I was, youd just say that i dont know enough because im not 55.

·
Inferno Red on White
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL... you don't know me... Looking mature is probably one of the last things I care about especially on the internet...

I'm just saying what I thought you posted this on here for everyone to see... and you are probably gonna get responses on both sides of the spectrum... Now when i see that this loser is blaming an impoverished country for not being able to stop an Act of God.. now that is just plain stupid... and deserves the "gay" title I gave him
i completely agree. I welcome both opinions. and like i said, i dont agree with him 100%, but he makes many, many good points.

·
Inferno Red on White
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
apparently not good enough to stay on espn :fact
thats the shame in it. he gets out casted for simply stating an opinion. which is what bloggers are supposed to do.

·
sha shaaa...!
2,383 Posts
...Fck that place, just flush it... Have you seen how chit-tastic it is down there now? And then that whole missionary stealin kids debaucle (Kinda put a bad taste in everyones mouth after that)...Im ashamed they're from idaho. Shoulda known! :LOL

·
RIDE, SURF, L )VE
12,698 Posts
I know that its survival of the fittest. I dont blame the people of haiti in any way, but I dont know how our government can justify the money we gave to them when we are beyond in trouble in our own country. I know enough to have an opinion. sorry im not 45. And even if I was, youd just say that i dont know enough because im not 55.
anyone knows enough to have an opinion...some just know enough to make a solid point...to think this article is legit shows the ease with which you are convinced. while presenting a handful of facts (which ANYONE can easily find) this guy gives a page full of basic disinterest in the rest of the world. Because these sentiments won't be restricted to this natural disaster. It's odd he isn't writing about us giving aid to a Chile' after their quake. it seems like helping a country that's actually on its feet and able to survive is more of a waste than helping FEED PEOPLE in Haiti.

Nevermind the actual political implications this disaster could have, the opportunity to rebuild (even though they had little to start) could take the country in a whole new direction. but that can't happen if they don't survive

·
$4 a gal. 4 gal. a shot
933 Posts
I like Paul Shirley, "Can I keep my Jersey" is an awesome book. But I also disagree with him. Hati is in that situation because of a corrupt incompetent government, they need our help, in the long term setting up a better government structure is what they need more than just cash.
But these blog pieces are meant to get us thinking and talking about it.

·
R6 2006
860 Posts
you know this guy is a moron, he knows nothing of the facts....his argument doesn't have any legs to stand on.

Lets say a poor person actually has a choice of where they live(we know they don't), why would someone living in Portu Prince be worried about earthquakes. historically the capital city has never had bad earth quakes. It is not until the last 2 decades these earthquakes have been this strong and frequent.

Its not like in california where earthqaukes are a common thing. Its like saying New York should be worried about the big one, even though they never had one in the first place. Haiti's most common natural disaster that they usually have to deal with are hurricanes.

I do agree that the people need to do more to keep their government effective, but to blame the people for a natural crisis that offers no warning is about as retarded as it can get...........

1 - 19 of 19 Posts