Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I hit a patch of sand doing 20 around a 15-turn and laid my bike down---my handlebars are kind of crooked now (rest of the bike's in good shape thanks to the sliders); Anyone know how to fix that? The bars and triple-tree are about 1/4" off to the right (not bent, just turned), so I have to turn them slightly to go straight.
I'd like to fix it myself if possible.

Thanks,
Char :?:

·
Registered
831 Posts
If you can see the bars are actually out of allignment, then you will need a triple tree stand to take the wieght of the front forks. Other than knowing that, I don't know how you can get a perfect aligmnet at home. :roll:

Does anyone else?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Your fork tubes have probably twisted slightly in the triple clamps (if you are still using the stock clip-ons).

To straighten them out, what you do is loosen the pinch bolts for the front wheel, and loosen the axle alot. Then push up and down on the front end a few times. Tighten the axle then pinch bolts. This should straighten out the front end.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jeffsy,
Thanks a lot for the suggestion you had!!! I loosened it up, and had to slam the tire against a wall to get it to line up, and it is great!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts