Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So two things- FIRST off I'm wondering if someone could post a picture of where the top of the fork tubes sit with the top triple... Mine is flush:
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1412542712.084161.jpg
I'm not sure if that's entirely correct and couldn't find a specific in the shop manual.

SECOND- when I go over a crack or hole in the road I'm hearing a non-metallic click (pretty loud) somewhere in the front triple / wheel but can't identify where/what beyond that. And can't simulate it in the garage... Any ideas?

·
Flying Finn
71 Posts
Your forks are set up as they should be in standard setup. That noise you hear could origin from loose steering head.

·
Registered
380 Posts
you'll need to take the weight off the forks, to take the top off/on smoothly, I used a piece of wood and a jack unter my headers, but if you can lift it by something stronger, like the frame then that would be better.

after taking the top triple off, take the first ring off and the rubber washer, tighten up the ring that touches the bearing by placing on hand on the bottom of the triple and pushing up, screw the ring down so that no more space can be seen, then make sure its not too tight by turning the bars, a little touch should move the bars to either side.

put everything back in the order you took it off, and put the top triple back on (that is where its really important to have the weight off the wheel, it wont go back on without a major fuss if it has any weight on it; ask me how I know ;) )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts