Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Track Junkie
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have 03-04 or R6S setup for Super Corsa Pro?

I need some baseline suspension geometry numbers. I'm not looking for clicks, etc. rather position of forks in triple and rear mods if any.

My race bike keeps locking up the front instead of lifting under hard braking :( so my guess is geometry is at fault.

·
best used over 10,000rpm
269 Posts
Are your forks though the yokes by any amount?

Normally it locks the front because there is no travel left in the forks, so it puts the full load through the tyre, which it cant handel so it locks up.

Mine runs super corsa's with no problems, it is normall at the front, rideheight wise, it just has ohlins springs.

·
Track Junkie
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When you say normal - what is the unloaded height from axle to lower triple?

I have RaceTech springs in mine with gold valve kit. I don't think it was bottoming out, but what the hell - it could be. At the same time it could be too hard on compression and forks just don't compress fast enough.

That said I want to make sure my geometry is set up right. Previous owner ran Dunlop tires, and unfortunately I don't have baseline numbers.

·
best used over 10,000rpm
269 Posts
what i mean, is when you look at the top tripple tree, is any of the fork showing through, as standard they should be level.

If you look at the pic of my front setup, can you see the fork isnt showing though the tripple tree very much, thats how it should be, if its showing to much, it can load the front up easily and force it to lock up.

if your bike looks like that, then your geometery is right.

Attachments

·
Track Junkie
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is 2mm + fork cap showing on the highest point (side of the handle). I can't tell, but are your fork caps flush with the clip-on?

·
best used over 10,000rpm
269 Posts
There is 2mm + fork cap showing on the highest point (side of the handle). I can't tell, but are your fork caps flush with the clip-on?

Mine are flush mate yes, so yours is lower at the front than mine.
That could be a starting point raising the front, so the fork cap is level with the clip on.

·
Track Junkie
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks! Mine was 5mm lowered for Dunlop 209 GP-A @ 120/70 - 190-60 by previous owner. I will make the change and see how she handles.

Too bad next time at the track for me will be race weekend. 2x20 min practice sessions before 1st heat. 2 weeks, 1 weekend to get the thing ready... shit...

·
Track Junkie
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are they taller than 209GPA? (Super Corsa Pro)
Rear Dunlop was 190/60 vs. 190/55 Pirelli, so rear tire should be "shorter" now. Also, Dunlops were not NTech, so they would grow at speed. Given that I had problems at the faster corner it could have something to do with that setup.
I'll have a chance to try out a few things on May 3-4, so I'll post up. Thanks for the input.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts