Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had a crash about three weeks ago and I took into the shop for them to look at it. After they inspected in they determined that the LH Fork needs to be replaced. They did not tell wheather it was mechanical or cosmetic damage. It looks fine so I asked them and they said that it was slightly bent and that i would be able to feel it when driving. I took the bike home unfixed and I couldn't tell a pull in one direction or another so I am surious how to check if the fork is bent. Can anyone tell me how to check for a bend or it being off?

thanks

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
only way i can think of is to take it off and look down it, but im sure there a way to do some measurements to find out

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
The best way is to take it off, and either roll it on a flat surface, or use a straight-edge on it. You might be able to use a small straight-edge while they're on the bike, but it may not be very accurate.

I would say if they are not showing obvious damage, and you can't tell the difference, then don't bother getting them fixed.

You should compress them and make sure they are working properly and that they compress/rebound the way they should.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts