Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it finnally happened after 2 years of ridin. I went DOWN friday after noon. i got some road rash on my knees, elbow and hip. the question i have is that i bent my front forks and i wanted to know if the the 06 setup with fit on my 05. the hole thing the triple trees and all, and the steam that goes though the frame. Because im lookin for parts on ebay and there is alot of 06 front end set ups. I will post pic of the bike tomarro. SO the damage was Front rim,forks,upper fairing stay, head ligh,rear tail,right side passenger peg, right side mid fairing,wind screen,right clip on,clutch lever,the plastic peace the goes around the head light. THANKS

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Assuming you have the 05 R6 and are talking about using the 06 R6S forks, no, they won't fit I don't think.

The 05 had inverteds, then in o6 the S model went back to conventionals.

The 06 R6 has inverteds but I think they are a different size. Larger steering head tube.

I think.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Assuming you have the 05 R6 and are talking about using the 06 R6S forks, no, they won't fit I don't think.

The 05 had inverteds, then in o6 the S model went back to conventionals.

The 06 R6 has inverteds but I think they are a different size. Larger steering head tube.

I think.
yea i wanted to use the 06 r6 forks the inverted ones cuz thats what was on it. So if they world wok that would be awesome but if not i got to find so 05 fork tubes. so if anyone know where i good get some for a reasonable prise becides ebay please let me know.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
yea i wanted to use the 06 r6 forks the inverted ones cuz thats what was on it. So if they world wok that would be awesome but if not i got to find so 05 fork tubes. so if anyone know where i good get some for a reasonable prise becides ebay please let me know.
I am pretty positive the inverted forks they used on the 05 r6 are completely different than the inverteds on the new r6.

Try your local bike salvage yard, or call non-local ones and ask about shipping. Also forums are a good place to look.

I wouldn't do ebay because most of those forks are junk and not straight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts