Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Wanna see my Stoppie??
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so today i went for my first real ride of the season. Me and a few other bikes went for a ride threw NY. I was doing about 70 on the highway when i hit a pot hole, i almost went down but i didnt and i dont know how i didnt go down. I pull over and my right fork is leaking oil. My friend was like you fu*ked up your seals. My warrenty just ran up 2 weeks ago. Is it going to cost a lot to fix? Plus could i do it myself? Thanks for all the help guys.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
The seals are about 50 bucks, and will probably take 1.5-2 hours of labor to do, so prolly about 200 bucks. They take a special tool to take apart and put back together so its kinda hard to do yourself.

·
Garage Queen R6
719 Posts
you can save money if you can take the forks off the bike yourself. If you're really in a bind, you can just fix the one fork that has the leak.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
To be totally honest, if it started leaking, its got a 90% chance of being bent. I would take the forks off the bike (really not that hard if you have the proper stand) and have them looked at. If there isn't a visible kink in them, they can probably be straightened.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts