Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
My KTM is partly Orange
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...wedged into my ignition. I just replaced the ignition last time I crashed, now 1000km later, gotta replace everything again cause some lowlife wasnt too bright and thought they could actually start it this way. :mad:

So im wondering...can I just take hte ECU out, get a commander and wire my bike so it doesnt have an ignition anymore? My bike has the immobilizer sh*t on it ( so I need new keys, locks and ECU like last time...theres 1400 bucks) As im certain this will only happen over and over in my area, and like ***** im paying deductible and higher insurance for eveytime it does.

Is there a way to cancel out the ignition if I get a power commander? I'd have to wire something to start it up, but if I just get the immobilizer thing outta they way as it interacts with the ECU...

Any ideas?

·
Who eats a motorcycle?
3,096 Posts

·
MACGYVER 05 R6 NJ
4,033 Posts
You would need the U.S. ECU to not use the immoblizer. You should see if your dealer can wire up the race harnest wires to start your bike and hide the switch.

·
My KTM is partly Orange
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah thats what im thinking. Why replace ignition jsut to have some asshole do it again and again.

Is there a particular race harness to be used? That works in conjunction with a power commander right?

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Sorry to hear. It could be worse though. :cool:

·
My KTM is partly Orange
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well if htey stole the damn thing I woulda made 3 grand after paying it off. The ignition on an 05 is the single worst thing to **** up in my opinion as it costs the most as everyhtign needs replacing. Time consuming as well, IU bet on at least a month outta riding time (last time I replaced it the dealer messed up and took me 7 weeks to get it back...now I gotta do it again?!?!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts